PC refuses to run RAM at 3600MHz (or higher)

Here are my steps I have taken:
- Enabled the default D.O.C.P. profile [PC Fails to Boot]
- Did the above BUT manually set it to 3600MHz [PC Fails to Boot]
- Disabled D.O.C.P. putting to "Auto" and Manually adjust memory speed to 3600MHz [PC Fails to Boot]

- Updated BIOS to lasted BIOS [Same issue still occurs. 

Conclusion: I cannot get my RAM to reach 3600MHz or Higher no matter what I do. Everything MUST RUN on Auto or it doesn't work at all. I am not understanding what I am doing wrong or what could be the problem. My computer runs like a dream, but the memory not running 3600MHz bugs me.

Welcome to the forums!

Try updating the BIOS to improve memory stability. 

Also, XMP is an overclock and is not a guarantee. The 5950X can support up to 3200MHz so anything past it is an overclock. Zen 3 is better than Zen/+/2 with the IMCs so the majority of Zen 3 should hit at least 3600MHz, unless you lost the silicon lottery here. 

Have you tried running with just 2 sticks instead of all 4?? This also puts more stress on the IMC by filling all slots.  Corsair Vengeance sticks (according to everyone else on the forum) say they suck when pairing with Ryzen for this reason. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I've had issues with 16GB sticks of Corsair Vengeance 3600 not getting higher than 3200 on my 5900X/X570 Aorus Pro board

Managed to have 2 of them getting there out of 4, so it's kinda lottery...Or maybe because 4 sticks are too hard on thememory controller

Maybe adding some more voltage may help, else you should try with 2X16GB sticks or another RAM brand/model

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Send the ram back, get some G.Skill. Many many problems with Corsair and AMD.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

8 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

Welcome to the forums!

Try updating the BIOS to improve memory stability. 

Also, XMP is an overclock and is not a guarantee. The 5950X can support up to 3200MHz so anything past it is an overclock. Zen 3 is better than Zen/+/2 with the IMCs so the majority of Zen 3 should hit at least 3600MHz, unless you lost the silicon lottery here. 

Have you tried running with just 2 sticks instead of all 4?? This also puts more stress on the IMC by filling all slots.  Corsair Vengeance sticks (according to everyone else on the forum) say they suck when pairing with Ryzen for this reason. 

I made a typo but if you saw the steps i took I did update to latest. Weird how 5950X can only support up to 3200MHz. Not even overclocking works. If I run two sticks I will have to buy 16gbx2 to reach my mandatory 32gb. sigh. 

I will replace ram with something other than corsair. The guy above me said G.Skill so I will do that.

9 minutes ago, Ravenbones said:

I made a typo but if you saw the steps i took I did update to latest. Weird how 5950X can only support up to 3200MHz. Not even overclocking works. If I run two sticks I will have to buy 16gbx2 to reach my mandatory 32gb. sigh. 

I will replace ram with something other than corsair. The guy above me said G.Skill so I will do that.

That's the only thing I would suggest to do is replace them with something else that's not Corsair. 

I don't know how I missed that, considering it's bullet-pointed but the font threw me off too the first time I posted.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I had the exact same problem with the corsair ram on my 5950x/X570 Tomahawk build, then I switched to G-Skill Trident Royal and problem solved. I have them running at 3600mhz with 14-14-14-30 timings.

Case: Thermaltake W100.CPU:  AMD Ryzen 9 7950x . CPU Cooler: Artic 420 aio. Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk B550. Memory: 32 gigs of DDR4 6000 G-Skill CL30.Graphics = XFX Merc 319 7900xtx. Main Drive = Sabrent Rocket Plus 4, m.2. Storage Drive = 8 tb Seagate Barracuda. PSU = Platinum 1300 watt. OS: Windows 10 Professional 64. Monitor: Samsung G, 2560x1440 @ 240hz. Sound System: Logitech Z-5300 5.1 (bought new by me in 2003). Mouse: Razr. Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Blue led. Printer: HP Envy 5660.Desk: 96” x 30” butcher block on rusted and clear-coated 2”x2” legs, built by owner.