LG C2 or Samsung S95B

Hi,

So my situation is pretty simple. I need a new tv and im looking to get a 65". My eyes ended up on either the lg c2 or samsung s95b. Its a tv for my living room so not a light controled environnement.

Im hesitennt mostly because there is a 500$ difference so im wondering which one would be better.

I tought maybe the samsung since from reviens it seems less reflective and brighter but then 500$.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

My money is on the Samsung for long term reliability. The OLED... eh... it's better in almost every way except longevity. For me the $500 isn't a big deal. If you need to skip meals for it, don't do it.

20 hours ago, johnt said:

My money is on the Samsung for long term reliability. The OLED... eh... it's better in almost every way except longevity. For me the $500 isn't a big deal. If you need to skip meals for it, don't do it.

No the 500 isnt a big deal. It was mostly a do I need to pay it and is it worth it but it does seem so.

But what if I bring the lg g2 in the mix which I saw this week and stems the same price as the s95b. What about now?

On 9/30/2022 at 9:03 PM, Jeremyy44 said:

Hi,

So my situation is pretty simple. I need a new tv and im looking to get a 65". My eyes ended up on either the lg c2 or samsung s95b. Its a tv for my living room so not a light controled environnement.

Im hesitennt mostly because there is a 500$ difference so im wondering which one would be better.

I tought maybe the samsung since from reviens it seems less reflective and brighter but then 500$.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/lg-c2-oled-vs-samsung-s95b-oled/31229/32382?usage=1&threshold=0.10

They score very similarly, with the Samsung taking the lead on several metrics by minor amounts. The main difference between them is that the S95B uses the new QD-OLED subtype of OLED panels - this means they use blue OLED's with a Quantum Dot filter to create brighter and even more vibrant images than even a traditional OLED can do.

I've never seen one in person, and my "regular" OLED (Sony A80J) is fking sweet, so I'm not sure if it's worth it over the C2.

I have an OLED in my living room (it's a basement, but it's semi exposed near the living room to natural light) and I don't have any brightness issues. Really depends on how much glare and reflection your TV is gonna get.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 10/1/2022 at 12:54 PM, johnt said:

... Both of these are OLED TV's.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm not sold on OLED for non-light-controlled environments, but YMMV.

1 hour ago, IPD said:

I'm not sold on OLED for non-light-controlled environments, but YMMV.

Honestly the amount of light controlling needed is very minimal for modern OLEDs - the brightness increases in the last 5 years have really made a huge difference.

Yes, if you're using an OLED in a room with direct sunlight that will reflect right off the OLED panel, and you don't have curtains? That's going to be problematic.

But in a well lit room that doesn't have direct glare, or you can just close the curtains, it's just not an issue anymore.

But you're right in that each person's situation is going to be different, and there are definitely some rooms better suited to LED backlit displays.

What times of the day are you watching? 

Define room environment conditions. Large windows? day time with sunshine out?