Weird signal output when connection PC to new Sony GoogleTV

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Okay, so after running some tests with my computer und completely reinstalling windows 11 I found out that the Driver Nvidia GeForce Experience downloaded is actually the culprit. After rolling back my driver installation everything is working fine now.

I have no idea what happened since the driver windows downloaded is actually the latest version, but whatever...

At least my system is now cleaned up again 😅

Hello,

I'm new to this forum so please excuse any missing Infos. I have no one else to ask for help about this problem so I hope someone can help me here.

A few days ago I bought a new TV: the Sony XR 65X95J.

When connecting my very old laptop using the HDMI 2.1 port on my TV and a 2.1 cable (my laptop doesn't support 2.2 but whatever) the signal is just fine. No flickering, no weird artifacts.

When I connect my PC to the TV with 4k@120hz and HDR enabled however, I get a really weird, flickering picture (see attachment). The computer booted and is already logged in, since I connected it with the same cable through the same HDMI port from my graphics card to my old 4k tv (not a smart tv, 4k@30hz), but when I reconnect it to my new TV, it displays the boot logo of my main board.

I just updated my bios and my graphics card to the latest driver and the port and cable connection is working fine on my old TV, so some setting of my new TV has to clash with my PC I think.

Specs:

ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC

Intel i7 12700k (not oc)

G.Skill 32gb DDR5 RAM (@5600mhz)

ROG Strix z690-f Mainboard

Windows 11 latest update

Be quiet 850w PSU from 2020 (don't know the model anymore)

TV is Sony XR 65X95J also with the latest firmware update.

Does anybody know what the problem could be? Why is the TV displaying that weird logo even though my PC is already booted and the TV has been restarted multiple times?

Thank you!

Edit: I just tried to pass the HDMI signal through my AV-Receiver to my TV using ARC. Same problem, same flickering, same picture... My laptop is still fine though...

Edit 2: Alright is has to be my computer. I just plugged my girlfriends computer into the TV using the same setup and voila! It's working without any problems.

So something regarding my PC has to be the problem.

Her specs:

ROG Strix RTX 3060 TI

Intel i7 9700k OC

G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ram @3800mhz

ROG Strix z390-f mainboard

Windows 11 latest update

PXL_20220930_200854233_MP.jpg

PXL_20220930_202801662_MP.jpg

Edited by TotallyABot

Okay, so after running some tests with my computer und completely reinstalling windows 11 I found out that the Driver Nvidia GeForce Experience downloaded is actually the culprit. After rolling back my driver installation everything is working fine now.

I have no idea what happened since the driver windows downloaded is actually the latest version, but whatever...

At least my system is now cleaned up again 😅