Nvidia Telemetry Container Missing

TheDevilOnLine

I'm at a complete loss here, so I hope someone can help me out.

A couple months ago, GeForce Experience all of a sudden refused to run, and started giving the error "Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience. ERROR CODE: 0x0003". After trying to do a new install of GeForce Experience and later the drivers, the problem persisted.

Taking a look at "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\console.log" showed the following interesting logs:

2022-09-30 12:15:58.188  ERROR  main.common/httpLoggingService- "Http request method " "GET" ", url " "http://localhost:3000/Account/v.1.0/PrivacySettings?clientId=135333107684344109" " FAILED with response " {
  "data": null,
  "status": -1,
  "config": {
    "method": "GET",
    "transformRequest": [
      null
    ],
    "transformResponse": [
      null,
      null
    ],
    "headers": {
      "Accept": "application/json, text/plain, */*",
      "X_LOCAL_SECURITY_COOKIE": ""
    },
    "url": "http://localhost:3000/Account/v.1.0/PrivacySettings?clientId=135333107684344109",
    "params": {},
    "retriesRemaining": 0,
    "timeout": {}
  },
  "statusText": ""
}
2022-09-30 12:15:58.188  ERROR  /main/uiRouter/main/resolve/silentInstall- "failed to recieve functional data consent" {
  "data": null,
  "status": -1,
  "config": {
    "method": "GET",
    "transformRequest": [
      null
    ],
    "transformResponse": [
      null,
      null
    ],
    "headers": {
      "Accept": "application/json, text/plain, */*",
      "X_LOCAL_SECURITY_COOKIE": ""
    },
    "url": "http://localhost:3000/Account/v.1.0/PrivacySettings?clientId=135333107684344109",
    "params": {},
    "retriesRemaining": 0,
    "timeout": {}
  },
  "statusText": ""
}
2022-09-30 12:15:58.188  DEBUG  crimson.cef/cefService- "ENABLE CLOSE BUTTON" true
2022-09-30 12:15:58.188  INFO  main.telemetry/telemetryService- "eventDetail" {
  "name": "TarCon_ClickInfo",
  "gdprLevel": "functional",
  "ts": "2022-09-30T10:15:58.188Z",
  "parameters": {
    "id": "3301",
    "clickedUrl": "failed to receive functional data consent"
  }
}

It clearly shows that some service on port 3000 isn't running.

Some more investigation showed that this should be the "NVIDIA Telemetry Container".

So I went to my Services panel in Windows, and was surprised to see the "NVIDIA Telemetry Container" isn't even there. After which I tried a number of things that didn't help. The only NVIDIA related services I've got are:

• NVIDIA Display Container LS;
  • NVIDIA FrameView SDK Service;
  • NVIDIA LocalSystem Container;

I did find the other topic on LTT forums (https://linustechtips.com/topic/1108989-nvidia-telemetry-container-missing/) about the same issue, but the solutions mentioned there didn't help me out.

The list of things I have tried:

• Remove GeForce Experience and GeForce Drivers through the Windows Control Panal (Apps), reboot, and reinstall the GeForce drivers (having the GeForce Experience checkmark enabled);
  • Remove GeForce Experience and GeForce Drivers through the Windows Control Panal (Apps), reboot, and reinstall the GeForce drivers (having the GeForce Experience checkmark enabled and checking "clean install" under "advanced options");
  • Googled for possible solutions, including changing the port used for telemtry (most pages suggest enabling some settings for the Service, but since the Service isn't installed, I can't enable those settings); 
  • Booted my computer into "safe mode" and used DDU to remove the drivers and GeForce Experience, reboot, and reinstall the GeForce drivers (having the GeForce Experience checkmark enabled and checking "clean install" under "advanced options") after a reboot;
  • Write a custom piece of software to run on port 3000 after reverse enginering Geforce Experience (did you know GeForce Experience is just a chrome browser with a HTML/Javascript UI?), and try to return the data GeForce Experience is looking for (this solved the 0x0003 issue, but because the telemetry didn't give back any info on my Graphics Card, the GeForce Experience app crashed);

Some of the (imo) relevant specs of my PC:

• Windows 11 (I didn't install 22H2 yet, but otherwise completely up to date);
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5900X;
  • NVIDIA RTX 3080 Founder Edition;
  • NVIDIA driver version 517.48 (WHQL), which also installs GeForce Experience 3.26.0.131;

Any suggestions for possible solutions are more than welcome at this point!

Edited by TheDevilOnLine
Didn't mention reboots

Remove GeForce Experience and then restart and reinstall it.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Don't use Geforce inexperienced 

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

6 hours ago, Vishera said:

Remove GeForce Experience and then restart and reinstall it.

Did that, but forgot to mention the reboot in my post, so added that

6 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

Don't use Geforce inexperienced 

Are you calling me inexperienced? 😉

have had this problem for months now, decided to go back to 3.24 but even that dosent work now, wish nvidia software wasent so garbage, both experience and control panel wont work for me and ive re installed about 1 million times 

• 1 month later...

This problem marks me too. Tried a lot of solutions, but to no avail. (like uninstalling GFE 3 and trying the 2 version,and even in this version it says it can't connect to nvidia. The last solution will be to reset windows. But until then i will wait a little while.)

• 6 months later...

Hi did anyone manage to find a solution for this?

This morning I found a solution.

OP's logs helped. I ended up downgrading my node.js installation from 18 to 16, and set my NODE_OPTIONS = ''. 

I was then able to start GFE 3.27.0.112, which was already installed.

I hope this works for others. I know how frustrating this issue is.

On 6/17/2023 at 3:34 AM, CRuss99 said:

This morning I found a solution.

OP's logs helped. I ended up downgrading my node.js installation from 18 to 16, and set my NODE_OPTIONS = ''. 

I was then able to start GFE 3.27.0.112, which was already installed.

I hope this works for others. I know how frustrating this issue is.

Did you set NODE_OPTIONS to just

".

or did you miss putting in the complete string?

EDIT I GOT IT WORKING:

So it seems like GeForce Experience doesn't like you having NODE_OPTIONS set to anything.

I had my NODE_OPTIONS set to 

--max-old-space-size=4096

I removed the NODE_OPTIONS system variable and now it's working.

I've tested with the follwing NodeJS versions

All of the above work so as far as I can tell setting any NODE_OPTIONS or maybe some specific ones will give you a 0x0003 error.

This is obviously not the root cause of all these errors but it's worth checking your system variables for NODE_OPTIONS and just removing it.

The ONLY answer to this problem is this: DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/Display-Driver-Uninstaller-DDU-V18064-Released

And this: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-nvcleanstall/

Cause in the end NVIDIA shouldnt be putting that crap on your pc to start with and thats even before you get to the terrible coding it has and the horrendous way it messes up all your game settings all while sucking down a ton of cpu cycles making your gaming even slower....for greed.