Gigabyte FV43U VESA desk arm mount options?

Kitsan
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
20 minutes ago, Kitsan said:

I just had a quick look and it seems to only support 100 x 100 VESA?

Hence why I said adapter. Just get a 200x200 vesa to 100x100 vesa adapter. The lx can comfortably handle a 9kg display and yours inst close to that.

I'm considering buying a Gigabyte FV43U but I was hoping for some recommendations on a VESA monitor arm, as the last one I bought for a 35" monitor wasn't up to the task!

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

You'll have to provide a little bit more data.  Are you looking for desktop?  Clamp on?  Articulating/spring loaded?

4 minutes ago, IPD said:

You'll have to provide a little bit more data.  Are you looking for desktop?  Clamp on?  Articulating/spring loaded?

I'm not really sure, as per the title I would like something which attaches to the desk and is compatible with the 200mm x 200m VESA mounting but would consider any good suggestions

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

11 minutes ago, Kitsan said:

I'm not really sure, as per the title I would like something which attaches to the desk and is compatible with the 200mm x 200m VESA mounting but would consider any good suggestions

I have an ergotron lx + adapter bracket for wacom cintiq 27 its a lot heavier than your gigabyte so plenty good

2 hours ago, Kitsan said:

I'm considering buying a Gigabyte FV43U but I was hoping for some recommendations on a VESA monitor arm, as the last one I bought for a 35" monitor wasn't up to the task!

I used Bewiser arm, some Chinese brand. It's fine but not the greatest thus far. If you get one, I suggest looking for something with a good vertical adjustment capability - and don't care too much about horizontal.

Actually, I would recommend looking for something with the stiffest horizontal adjustment you could find none at all even. Because of the wierd power cord placement of this monitor (it's at the opposite of DP and HDMI ports), you'll have some very limited horizontal adjustment regardless of the arm you used for this monitor (the power cord will keep pulling it back no matter what you do) 

On the other, a 43 inch monitor is pretty tall, you many want to pull it down to your face a lot more than you thought. Thus, vertical swing is a lot more important.

3 hours ago, jaslion said:

I have an ergotron lx + adapter bracket for wacom cintiq 27 its a lot heavier than your gigabyte so plenty good

2 hours ago, IPD said:

They look good but sadly seemingly not available in the UK, but I'll try to search further when I get home from work

1 hour ago, e22big said:

I used Bewiser arm, some Chinese brand. It's fine but not the greatest thus far. If you get one, I suggest looking for something with a good vertical adjustment capability - and don't care too much about horizontal.

Actually, I would recommend looking for something with the stiffest horizontal adjustment you could find none at all even. Because of the wierd power cord placement of this monitor (it's at the opposite of DP and HDMI ports), you'll have some very limited horizontal adjustment regardless of the arm you used for this monitor (the power cord will keep pulling it back no matter what you do) 

On the other, a 43 inch monitor is pretty tall, you many want to pull it down to your face a lot more than you thought. Thus, vertical swing is a lot more important.

Yeah, that's pretty much my experience with my last stand, which is why I want to get a quality stand this time!

20 minutes ago, Kitsan said:

Hence why I said adapter. Just get a 200x200 vesa to 100x100 vesa adapter. The lx can comfortably handle a 9kg display and yours inst close to that.

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

Ahhh sorry, I didn't understand you.

Yes, that should work!