My First Build - do I go with this or wait for Radeon 7000?

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA games + competitive FPS

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Here is the pcpartpicker link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jW2Ctn

I want to be able to play most AAA games at 1440p 144hz highest setting. I've been using a gaming laptop (1660 Ti) for 2 years now and the gpu is not keeping up with newer titles. I've always wanted a PC, now that prices have gone down, I decided to go for it. I don't know if I should wait for RDNA 3 gpus or just build this system now. I have no doubt the next gen amd gpus will be incredible, I'm just worried that the price will be too high/no stock. That plus the fact that I've been wanting a PC for a really long time made me want to build one now.

As for the build, I think it's a bit expensive due to the motherboard and cooler selection. I only chose that cooler because I love to display gifs on the small screen. And the mobo selection is because amazon has the option to pay over 5 months so it's easier on the upfront cost. I'm doing the same payment plan with the gpu and cooler. Total: around 1000 upfront and 800 over 5 months.

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks a lot.

By saving 300$+ by getting a different good board and a normal not absolutly overpriced cooler you can get a 6900xt.

Never pay over time its gonna cost you A LOT more.

I would also just flat out wait. Worst case things get cheaper + you can save some money so you dont get scammed with payment plans.

If you really want gifs in your pc get a proper small screen or something instead of that cooler. It will still be cheaper + more options.

So basically wait and keep using your gaming laptop. Its still pretty good and you'll end up saving money + get a better pc.

Especially wait for 13th gen its launching really really soon.

I'd change the SSD to cheaper and better value ones, such as the WD Blue SN570, for great value and cheaper than that, Team MP33 or Silicone Power A60.

Cheaper and still same high quality PSU such as MSI MPG AGF or Thermaltake GF1 PE. Also, add some case fans.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Vw8gpH

I'd get cheaper better value board and cooler, and get better GPU. Over time, those nice things would get old, and what matters more is the performance.

Anyway, you might have to wait for end of the year for those next gen components, so that is up to you.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

31 minutes ago, jaslion said:

By saving 300$+ by getting a different good board and a normal not absolutly overpriced cooler you can get a 6900xt.

Never pay over time its gonna cost you A LOT more.

I would also just flat out wait. Worst case things get cheaper + you can save some money so you dont get scammed with payment plans.

If you really want gifs in your pc get a proper small screen or something instead of that cooler. It will still be cheaper + more options.

So basically wait and keep using your gaming laptop. Its still pretty good and you'll end up saving money + get a better pc.

Especially wait for 13th gen its launching really really soon.

This is what this would look like in escence, but I left the 6800XT in because you mentioned you were gonna do a payment plan for your motherboard (could still swap in a 6900xt for $150 more, not worth it IMO, the 6800xt is already fast AF and pretty close to the 6900Xxt):

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($277.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M GAMING X AX DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Silicon Power XPOWER Zenith RGB Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: ASRock Phantom Gaming D OC Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($559.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case  ($105.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($114.99 @ Walmart) 
Total: $1386.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-09-29 06:15 EDT-0400

$450 less than your parts list and it will game exactly the same and still looks very cool aesthetically (same case and stuff).

Still has RGB RAM, RGB motherboard, and and RGB cooler.

Don;t spend $200 for a 1-inch LED display you'll barely ever look at.  I could put a whole ass TV atop my PC to do that for $20 on craigslist.

B660 is gonna be the same as Z690 for gaming, as Alder Lake CPUs will use precision boost to hit their max frequencies without overclocking, so there's no point in manually overclocking, which is really the only benefit of Z690.

The WD Blue SN 750 is a DRAMles gen 3 m.2, $80 is way too much for that.  The TeamGroup MP33 is the exact same thing for $22 less.

Don't do a payment plan for a PC, this kinda stuff loses value fast and should not be something you take any kind of risk or suffer for.

You could also save another $200 by going with the 5600 instead of the 12600k, and you wouldn't see a difference in games.  Those e-cores aren't really gonna get used for task scheduling in game any time soon, so 6/12 is still gonna be plenty for a while, and zen 3 and alder lake cores are within spitting distance of each other, not that it will matter at 1440p anyway.  Ditching the RGB RAM for chrome RAM (looks really cool wihen next to an RGB cooler) and getting 16GB instead of 32GB is also probably a smarter move, you can just get another 16GB if it ever becomes an issue (there is still no difference in gaming with 16 or 32 at this point in time, and people have been tolling the bells of doom for 16gb for like 6+ years now).

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.00 @ Best Buy) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: OLOy MD4U0836180BHKDA 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: ASRock Phantom Gaming D OC Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($559.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case  ($105.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM750 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1182.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-09-29 06:21 EDT-0400

This parts list would STILL game identically to the one you originally posted for over $600 less and it still uses the same case and has plenty of RGB and other stuff going on.

You could probably ditch the payment plan with this, which is a WAY smarter move than taking out a loan for a luxury thing like a gaming PC.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.