New AM5 Personal Build

4PcBuilder
Go to solution Solved by Shimejii,
30 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

If you want futureproof, 13900k and 4090 is the way to go. It's what im swapping to as soon as they are out, especially for 4K RTX gaming at max settings.

Im going to be honest, Your argument may be one of the dumbest things you have said with what you have in your description. You dont care about future proofing, you just buy whats the fastest when it becomes available, dont try saying its about future proofing when thats clearly not it. Dont say its one thing when you are clearly doing it for something else, as that is not really helpful to anyone.

30 minutes ago, 4PcBuilder said:

But I need to know how much I should spend and what components.

You wont get to know until things are out yet. You know the pricing for the AMD 7000 cpus, mobos and such, expect the 13th gen to be pretty similar to the last gen +a bit more. The rest of the components wont change much besides sales, PSU's are gonna be pretty expensive if you buy the new ones that support 12VOHPWR connectors out of the box, Case just get a decent one with airflow, NVME SSD for boot, etc should be based on what you want.

We wont know 7000 GPU pricing for another 5 weeks, but expect them to be pretty pricey as well.

Budget (including currency): Idk yet that's part of my question

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 2k and 4K gaming at high settings on games such as Valorant and Elden ring as well as 4k Minecraft with rtx on

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pcbuild12123/saved/#view=9B3JnQ (Definitely not finalized yet)

Hey guys, With the new release of AM5 I am going to build a new personal build, but I don't know how much to spend, this system will not have any major upgrades for 2-4 years so I need to build one that can last that long without any issue while being to handle 1440p and 4k gaming at max settings no sweat. I have already decided on the case, the nzxt h7 flow, and also the cooler to be the h100i elite capellix. I would appreciate it a lot if you guys can tell me how much I should spend and give me a parts list (If it is around 2k then just use a placeholder for the 4080 12gb version). I am fine with either black or white builds as long as it looks clean and nice. So yeah I guess that's it and have a nice day or night depending on where you live.

You dont get to chose High FPs or high/max settings. Also please reconsider MAX  settings, it tends to be quite pointless and you just tank your FPS for gimick settings. Just do medium or high.

DO NOT order the 4080 12 gb, Its a waste of silicon and money. Do not even bother.

If you are purely just gaming, usually the ryzen 5 lineup is a good value, but the 300$ 7600x just doesnt seem to be all that worth it with the expensive boards atm. You can probably get a 12600k for a bit less or just see when you actually buy the parts. If you want something that will last 5 years? Its hard to say since ingame settings, the gimicks Nvidia pushes out to tank old chips with certain features, nothing is guranteed. Buy what you will enjoy playing now, and in the next bit it still should be fine. 7700x or 12700k/13700k would be a little bit of a buffer, but even buying a 10850k a few years ago would have been fine but it gets trounced by most of the current chips.

White builds tend to need to be built as they are available, those parts tend to go out of stock quite quickly and then you have to see if others make it, especially for GPUS, Mobos and such. Also make sure they are close enough in color as different whites can make them stand out in a bad way or good way, depends on what you enjoy

3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

You dont get to chose High FPs or high/max settings. Also please reconsider MAX  settings, it tends to be quite pointless and you just tank your FPS for gimick settings. Just do medium or high.

DO NOT order the 4080 12 gb, Its a waste of silicon and money. Do not even bother.

If you are purely just gaming, usually the ryzen 5 lineup is a good value, but the 300$ 7600x just doesnt seem to be all that worth it with the expensive boards atm. You can probably get a 12600k for a bit less or just see when you actually buy the parts. If you want something that will last 5 years? Its hard to say since ingame settings, the gimicks Nvidia pushes out to tank old chips with certain features, nothing is guranteed. Buy what you will enjoy playing now, and in the next bit it still should be fine. 7700x or 12700k/13700k would be a little bit of a buffer, but even buying a 10850k a few years ago would have been fine but it gets trounced by most of the current chips.

White builds tend to need to be built as they are available, those parts tend to go out of stock quite quickly and then you have to see if others make it, especially for GPUS, Mobos and such. Also make sure they are close enough in color as different whites can make them stand out in a bad way or good way, depends on what you enjoy

If not the 4080 I am fine with getting the rx 7800 or 7800 xt as they most likely will have lower price points with higher raw performance not counting all the gimmicks. Also, thanks a bunch for all the tips.

Just now, iiNNeX said:

If you want futureproof, 13900k and 4090 is the way to go. It's what im swapping to as soon as they are out, especially for 4K RTX gaming at max settings.

Oh yeah sorry forgot to say max is probably like 2250$ for me

I suspect you will want a higher performance CPU cooler and faster memory.

12 minutes ago, 4PcBuilder said:

There are several price overrides in your list. The PSU in particular provides a very skewed price estimate.

Unless A-RGB is very important to you I'd suggest forgoing those costs. Put the budget into performance parts. Bling is easily added later.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

13 minutes ago, brob said:

I suspect you will want a higher performance CPU cooler and faster memory.

There are several price overrides in your list. The PSU in particular provides a very skewed price estimate.

Unless A-RGB is very important to you I'd suggest forgoing those costs. Put the budget into performance parts. Bling is easily added later.

Im getting a used/open box psu but def not from some sketchy eBay seller with almost no sales. nd the only things I added with lots of rgb are the fans and the aio but I definitely don't wanna get a bad cooler just to spend another 150 bucks replacing it. I will consider using non-rib fans at right though because I mostly care about the rgb inside the case.

30 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Im going to be honest, Your argument may be one of the dumbest things you have said with what you have in your description. You dont care about future proofing, you just buy whats the fastest when it becomes available, dont try saying its about future proofing when thats clearly not it. Dont say its one thing when you are clearly doing it for something else, as that is not really helpful to anyone.

30 minutes ago, 4PcBuilder said:

You wont get to know until things are out yet. You know the pricing for the AMD 7000 cpus, mobos and such, expect the 13th gen to be pretty similar to the last gen +a bit more. The rest of the components wont change much besides sales, PSU's are gonna be pretty expensive if you buy the new ones that support 12VOHPWR connectors out of the box, Case just get a decent one with airflow, NVME SSD for boot, etc should be based on what you want.

We wont know 7000 GPU pricing for another 5 weeks, but expect them to be pretty pricey as well.

3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

It is pretty much guaranteed that the 7800 xt will cost less than the 4080 12gb because that is just a massive overprice for the 4080 and rx 7000 is leaked to not cost much more than 6000 but you never can be sure til it comes out.

17 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

My suggestion was based on his requirements, not my own. OP mentioned he had no clear budget in sight and that he wanted to not touch anything for 2-4 years.

I upgrade to the latest and greatest because I can. Maybe one day you could too 😉

Peace

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR