Prime95 inconsistent load on 5800X

orangecat

So to make a long story short I've been doing per core curve optimization overclocking and I'm using Prime95 as my main stability test. WHat I've been doing is setting Prime95 to run the equivalent of a blend test with in place FFT on a single core with hyp[erthreading/SMT enabled and using task manager to manually specify what core the workload runs on. o far it's been working out fine until I got all my cores roughly dialed in and wanted to test all core. The issue I'm having is that randomly task manager will report low CPU utilization on some cores and both frequency and power reporting fluctuate. It doesn't seem to be caused by thermals or power limits as both are under control.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also I'm well aware how boosting works on modern CPUs and that Prime95 is a very heavy load that will make clocks drop under load. With -30 curve set to all core I can do 4.6Ghz all core but randomly the clocks, power and utilization drop and I don't know why. I think it's related to Prime95 but I can't say for sure.

Blend test doesn't hit the CPU cores as hard as the other tests. Use Small FFTs for maximum stress on the CPU. Also, you are going to have some cores flucuate during these tests with usages levels. However, blend is a much more normal workload. During all core I would leave blend on defaults and let Prime95 go from there. Random cores will unload and then go under full load at random during testing. This is normal. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD