iiyama G-MASTER G4380UHSU-B1 4K 0.4ms MPRT 144Hz 43"

Kitsan
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

This looks like a toned-down Gigabyte FV43U. They don't put out numbers for the color gamut, which is never a good sign and it's dimmer than the Gigabyte version. But it's also cheaper.

That review from box doesn't sound very competent. They lack the most basic measurement data and talk about IPS glow on a VA monitor.

Does anyone have one of these?

Seems like a hell of a lot of monitor for the money but there aren't any reviews that I can find. Except for this one but they also sell, it so I guess its a little biased: 

https://iiyama.com/gl_en/products/g-master-g4380uhsu-b1/

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

This looks like a toned-down Gigabyte FV43U. They don't put out numbers for the color gamut, which is never a good sign and it's dimmer than the Gigabyte version. But it's also cheaper.

That review from box doesn't sound very competent. They lack the most basic measurement data and talk about IPS glow on a VA monitor.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

hmm, it's 20% cheaper than the FV43U where I am. I think I may go for the Gigabyte monitor, as I'm using it for work I would rather have a better viewing experience.

I would have more confidence if there were some credible reviews.

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

Lack of curve on any 40"+ monitor is a no-go for me.  Needs something, even a gentle one.  Heck, my 40" AOC is probably just as "thick" if you are counting the curvature.  15"+ off center angle is where you start running into issues with perspective and sizes appearing different (to the viewer) at the edges of the display.

1 hour ago, IPD said:

Lack of curve on any 40"+ monitor is a no-go for me.  Needs something, even a gentle one.  Heck, my 40" AOC is probably just as "thick" if you are counting the curvature.  15"+ off center angle is where you start running into issues with perspective and sizes appearing different (to the viewer) at the edges of the display.

I must admit when i first got my 42" C2 it was a bit disorienting at times with such a big non-curved panel directly in front of me. But after 1 day of use this completely went away. It's all a matter of getting used to it.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I must admit when i first got my 42" C2 it was a bit disorienting at times with such a big non-curved panel directly in front of me. But after 1 day of use this completely went away. It's all a matter of getting used to it.

Can you adapt?  Sure.  Again though, there's a reason why there has never been a single-user setup with multiple displays...where they are all perfectly parallel to each other.  They're always canted inwards.  I'm not going to fight physics to justify a display that the MFG should have known better than to make flat.

• 3 months later...

Someone has this model?

Is it possible to take off this piece of plastic? (watch the pic)

Thanks

Senza titolo.jpg