transparent s22

Cool Dude 101
5 hours ago, Cool Dude 101 said:

Is it possible to make the back of my Samsung galaxy s22 transparent?

Do you own a milling machine and/or a vacuum forming machine?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Do you own a milling machine and/or a vacuum forming machine?

I do have a milling machine. 

30 minutes ago, Cool Dude 101 said:

I do have a milling machine. 

You might be able to mill something out of acrylic then.  The vacuum former just makes curves easier and quicker.  @Imbadatnames makes a fair point though. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.  Be kind of a pita to do as well.  Would be a bit simpler with something like solid works and a cnc, but old school could probably get the job done.  Would just take longer.  Even just getting the old one off is likely a bad idea.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

You might be able to mill something out of acrylic then.  The vacuum former just makes curves easier and quicker.  @Imbadatnames makes a fair point though. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.  Be kind of a pita to do as well.  Would be a bit simpler with something like solid works and a cnc, but old school could probably get the job done.  Would just take longer.  Even just getting the old one off is likely a bad idea.

You also have issues with things like the flash bouncing everywhere when taking photos and potentially thermal issues replacing glass with plastic and actually getting a watertight seal

On 9/24/2022 at 11:31 PM, Cool Dude 101 said:

The best thing to do would be to buy a skin, like Dbrand's "Teardown." Not the real deal, of course, but it's much easier and won't void your warranty.

I've been wanting to do this for so long, but I'm too scared.
Might be worth a yolo if you can find an example of someone that's already done it for S22.

Dream-phone: USB type-c (3.1), 1440p, 5-inch, removable battery, 32gb RAMdrive, sd card slot, stock Android, transparent atomic purple build, 9050 mah battery, waterproof AF, nuclear powered, ac wifi is fine.
                           OR a one-of-a-kind iphone that runs Android.

On 9/24/2022 at 11:31 PM, Cool Dude 101 said:

Why?  So battery bloom will be even more catastrophic?