Sapphire RX 6800 failure rate?

rcarlos243

I have a Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 and it stopped getting detected (not even in BIOS) and unfortunately I had no proof of purchase from authorized seller so I had to pay $40 fee for RMA.

I just received a replacement card (it has different serial number) and it has the exact same issue (fan spin, but not detected even on BIOS.

It has been tested on two different PCs (Alder Lake and Zen 3 builds).

Doing a quick google search, it looks like this issue is related to logic and gate

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Was there a question?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Try resetting mobo CMOS

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

11 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Was there a question?

The title

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

3 minutes ago, rcarlos243 said:

The title

We're not Sapphire so we can't speak intelligently about the failure rate. Anything anyone could say here would be anecdotal.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

If the card is really dead, we can't really be of much help. Please contact the people who handled your RMA request saying that you received a dead GPU, I think that should be your first order of business here. I assume your power supply is enough to support the card.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White