Does this motherboard support next gen CPUs without a BIOS update

I'm looking at the Gigabyte Z690I Aorus Ultra Lite DDR4, on the BIOS page it says the newer ones "Supports and powers up Intel next generation processor" does this mean that 13th gen will be supported without an update. The updates are from a July, would a motherboard manufacturer be able to support a processor that wouldn't come out for 3 months?

1 minute ago, Coolmaster said:

would a motherboard manufacturer be able to support a processor that wouldn't come out for 3 months

No, and even if they did include a pre-release bios, you wouldn't want something that early anyways. Even at launch day BIOS's are buggy at best.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

Just now, svmlegacy said:

No, and even if they did include a pre-release bios, you wouldn't want something that early anyways. Even at launch day BIOS's are buggy at best.

This is just to see if it would boot with the CPU, I've had issues with Q-Flash Plus in the past so I'd want a CPU to do the update, and it sometimes takes a month or so for a good BIOS to come out.

The BIOS has to be programmed to support it. I'm not certain of the logistics of that fact but I believe it has to do with the microcode each model runs.