Is this a chipset bug or something else?

Hello all, I come to seek help and suggestions from you all. 

Currently I have an MSI B-450 A Motherboard. The latest Chipset drivers from AMD are installed as well as the latest UEFI version.

Windows 10 1909 is installed as of now. (I will be updating now to eliminate this being an issue)

Currently installed on the board in PCI-e slots are: NVMe drive, GTX 1070, and newly Cisco VIC 1225 Fiber Channel card in that order.

The Cisco card is also installed in an R2 server I own with no issues. The latest Drives are installed from Cisco (4.2) 

The Card Functions as it should Only when I go into UEFI and change a setting for PCI Express, it tends to not matter what setting. 
For example, changing the lane size from 8x8 to 4x4x4x4 then booting to windows 10 will make the card function. Then upon restart with the same settings will get driver error and no card will show up on device manager.

I have tried different settings to see if anything sticks but no luck.

VEN 1137 = Cisco

DEV 004E = VIC 82 PCIe Upstream Port

I am also aware of this post from Cisco containing a bug, but I do not believe to be part of my issue, due to this problem occurring with these steps taken still.

The only other things I can think to try are updating windows 10 to 21H2 (Idk what good that will do) or switching the physical locations of the cards.

I have also tried Hack Flags in the registry, but it does not actually fix the issue.

The main thing here is, what is actually causing the issue? Cisco? MSI? AMD? Windows? Meee?

I know Cisco will give me a big fat L for my troubles.

Thank you for any suggestions.

EDIT: Windows 10 has been updated to 21H2 with no change

image.png.a09ecebf9388dece8f7e639165fcb90b.pngimage.png.8efb2d0046a17980ce7a09f60ad70c82.pngimage.png.202a021f51e4e51fb92dc7d2baf9bb2d.pngimage.png.5c7e1888da685809d6860673b17bc995.pngimage.png.8fbd484b5f160c7cc42a86e49e81adb8.png

The obvious test is to try another slot, move the card to the bottom.

Do you have an NVMe expansion card or is it an m.2 drive?  If m.2 in expansion card, can you move it to the on board slot as part of the test?

You should have GPU in the top 16x slot, expansion cards below that..  I would avoid "adjusting" the PCIe bifurcation settings, just go back to defaults and test you setup.  The Bifurcation is only to share that dedicated bandwidth, not something you should be "testing" with until you get it working normally.   

I would suggest BIOS factory reset, move the cards so they are in a normal order and avoid adjusting the BIOS PCIe settings and see if it works?  It is possible all your tweaking is causing the issue.

I did just now move the cards around physically in the slots to see if this made a change. GPU being in the bottom 16x slot and the nic being in the top slot. There was no change to windows device manager. So things where moved back.

I do not have a nvm expansion card is it just the default nvm slot. I did think the tweaks where maybe cause the issue, so I did set everything back to "Auto". 

Examining the cisco card does reveal a UART Port. I am curious about that in what i could potentially tell me.

Ultimately, I would like this to work under Windows 10, however I am going to boot into Linux and see if I get anything different. 

Update: I have switched to using Windows Server 2019 with the same issue. as well as using Linux with the card not even showing up only until I changed anything in UEFI. So at this point I have no idea what path to go down. I did not find any information on the UART port there. It does work but I havent gotten anything but gibberish from it so I dont have my settings right.

Guess I could never turn of my computer that will fix it lol