Sockets loose on f5 slot on new keyboard.

Need_Not

I finally built a keyboard since no matter what pre built i get it stops being usable after 2 years and with custom I can switch out any of the parts if needed however my f5 key was unresponsive and I notice when installing the switch it is a lot easier I then saw that the sockets are slightly lower I got a small metal right angle thing and put it through the main hole and sure enough the entire thing is loose.聽

I have 3 options, maybe send it back if it's their fault but that would leave me almost a month without a keyboard and a lot of work, open the back up and fix it with tape or solder depends but I don't really care if it works it works.

Or not have an f5 key 馃槙

my biggest problem is I cannot figure out how to get the kase open I don't want to break it but I think once you take the 4 screws out you push on like the white thing on the inside and it pops off? But I feel like I could easily break the top cover doing that.

Just some random guy who has a gaming computer to play on his Minecraft server

1 minute ago, Need_Not said:

I finally built a keyboard since no matter what pre built i get it stops being usable after 2 years and with custom I can switch out any of the parts if needed however my f5 key was unresponsive and I notice when installing the switch it is a lot easier I then saw that the sockets are slightly lower I got a small metal right angle thing and put it through the main hole and sure enough the entire thing is loose.聽

I have 3 options, maybe send it back if it's their fault but that would leave me almost a month without a keyboard and a lot of work, open the back up and fix it with tape or solder depends but I don't really care if it works it works.

Or not have an f5 key 馃槙

my biggest problem is I cannot figure out how to get the kase open I don't want to break it but I think once you take the 4 screws out you push on like the white thing on the inside and it pops off? But I feel like I could easily break the top cover doing that.

Depends on your time and energy. I'd just say F it and be without an f5 key. I use the click to refresh for browsers anyhow like an old man.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28 minutes ago, JLCitadel said:

Depends on your time and energy. I'd just say F it and be without an f5 key. I use the click to refresh for browsers anyhow like an old man.

I'd rather have f5 tho. I got it open and the top socket isn't connected to the bridge thing. Ik a simple solder is all it needs but I can't or don't have the tools to solder that small. Is there anyway to like tape it down so it is forced to make contact?

Update: solved. After I took the case off and saw the bridge broke off the socket I held the bridge down as I put the switch in the bridge wasn't able to go up like it normally would forcing it to stay still making contact