Is it worth to spend "a little more"?

Jmds
Go to solution Solved by DamDirtyApe,

No, it's not. The only reason you might choose the K70, logically, is any of the following:

You want dedicated media keys. | I don't think the CM has any macroable keys.

You want the metal base for aesthetics and feel. | The metal base will not add to the lifespan of the keyboard unless you're a hardcore rager.

You want Corsair software. | I have no idea what CM uses.

Specific wants of the red LED or keyboard colorway or lighting effects from either keyboard.

I might have left out a few more key points, but that's just an example of why you would choose the K70. As far as experience goes, there won't be much of a difference between the two when typing or gaming. Both use the same type cherry MX switches and are relatively the same height. So on a blind test, they may even feel similar if the keycaps are the same manufacturer.

All in all, I would definitely recommend going for the CM if the price difference is that big. No doubt.

Hi guys! So i live in Portugal and its really hard to get mechanical keyboards around here. So i can get a CM storm quickfire TK with brown switches ( and the white LED is a definitly plus for me) for around 85€ ( if you use dollars lets imagin it costs $85). My other option is a Corsair K70 with brown switches too but for around 140€ ( and i have to ship it from another country and the CM one i can get from a store that's not that far).

The question is, is it worth? To spend around 55€ more on the k70 just to get some aluminium, some cool light settings and the dedicated media keys? Is the CM quickfire TK a good keyboard?

Money is not an issue but i like to spend my money wisely ( price/quality ratio is really important). So, is it worth it?

Thanks = )

Just replying to say nice profile picture.

I don't have experience with either keyboard so I can't comment.

Pretty personal, I don't think it's worth it.

The Quickfire TK is a pretty well built keyboard.

I have the Quickfire TK with MX blues. It may not be made of metal but trust me, it's built like a tank and is nice and compact. the plastic looks and feels extremely good and the thing has NO flex to it at all.

No, it's not. The only reason you might choose the K70, logically, is any of the following:

You want the metal base for aesthetics and feel. | The metal base will not add to the lifespan of the keyboard unless you're a hardcore rager.

Specific wants of the red LED or keyboard colorway or lighting effects from either keyboard.

I might have left out a few more key points, but that's just an example of why you would choose the K70. As far as experience goes, there won't be much of a difference between the two when typing or gaming. Both use the same type cherry MX switches and are relatively the same height. So on a blind test, they may even feel similar if the keycaps are the same manufacturer.

All in all, I would definitely recommend going for the CM if the price difference is that big. No doubt.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Just replying to say nice profile picture.

I don't have experience with either keyboard so I can't comment.

Ahaha thanks dude!!

Pretty personal, I don't think it's worth it.

The Quickfire TK is a pretty well built keyboard.

I have the Quickfire TK with MX blues. It may not be made of metal but trust me, it's built like a tank and is nice and compact. the plastic looks and feels extremely good and the thing has NO flex to it at all.

the cm one is great

So i guess that settles it! CM quickfire TK it is!

Thanks alot guys!!

Have you even used a K70?

The materials in the K70 and all the K series DO extend the life of the keyboards and the K70 does not use any software.

As for different keys not having any difference in typing and gaming......... Seriously?????

Have you even used a K70?

The materials in the K70 and all the K series DO extend the life of the keyboards and the K70 does not use any software.

As for different keys not having any difference in typing and gaming......... Seriously?????

Yeah, I've used the K70 quite a bit. It's an awesome experience, but that's like saying the CM won't last 10 years. Is it a noticeable difference if you take care of it? No, of course not. CMs have been known to last a long time and are highly regarded.

And when did I say different keys will not have a different experience? Both of the ones he listed are brown switches. The only real difference in that "feel" of each key will likely be keycap design and not the key switch.

For the price difference, it's not worth it in my opinion. That's a huge price difference. If it was a K95, I would lean more towards that because of the extra features.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Hi guys! So i live in Portugal and its really hard to get mechanical keyboards around here. So i can get a CM storm quickfire TK with brown switches ( and the white LED is a definitly plus for me) for around 85€ ( if you use dollars lets imagin it costs $85). My other option is a Corsair K70 with brown switches too but for around 140€ ( and i have to ship it from another country and the CM one i can get from a store that's not that far).

The question is, is it worth? To spend around 55€ more on the k70 just to get some aluminium, some cool light settings and the dedicated media keys? Is the CM quickfire TK a good keyboard?

Money is not an issue but i like to spend my money wisely ( price/quality ratio is really important). So, is it worth it?

Thanks = )

Also, the K70 has a wrist rest, but you can buy one, but the k70's is attached which is nice. But if money if tight, or you want to spend wisely, just go for the cm, both are solid keyboards.

Also, the K70 has a wrist rest, but you can buy one, but the k70's is attached which is nice. But if money if tight, or you want to spend wisely, just go for the cm, both are solid keyboards.

It's not the fact that money is tight, i just like to spend the minimum possible and get the maximum features im capable within that price!

Thanks for the reply!

It's not the fact that money is tight, i just like to spend the minimum possible and get the maximum features im capable within that price!

Thanks for the reply!

Then it would depend on what features you need and dont need.