Thermal pad heat transfer through plastic, Razer Blade 15

Senzelian

I just opened my Razer Blade 15 (2021) and saw these thermal pads stuck to the bottom panel, which contact the pieces behind the fans as seen on the foto.

The thermal pads are still covered in plastic, which I would assume would mostly eliminate the heat transfer.

Does anyone know if they're used as thermal shielding, similar to the large black pad that you can also see in the middle of the back panel?

Just seems weird to me that on one hand you'd use thermal pads designed to transfer heat and on the other you keep the plastic cover on to not transfer heat.

I can't imagine them forgetting to remove them during the manufacturing.

image.thumb.jpeg.67fb5945db6c49a83406a501e409d88d.jpeg

Ive opend a couple of these and there never were thermal pads?

Maybe someone got confused? Could also be these were added to reduce flex of the bac panel as the 2021's back could be pushed in a bit. A quick and simple fix during manufacturing.

Is this a new unit?

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

Ive opend a couple of these and there never were thermal pads?

Maybe someone got confused? Could also be these were added to reduce flex of the bac panel as the 2021's back could be pushed in a bit. A quick and simple fix during manufacturing.

Is this a new unit?

Yup, new unit.聽

13 hours ago, NastyFlytrap said:

Its a razer. It sounds very likely to me that they messed up.

Everything razer my friends or LMG had; broke within 2 years. I dont think this is outside the realm of possibilities

I will contact support and send them this picture and see what they think.聽

I went into buying this knowing that it likely will die within months, but I always want to experience stuff like that first hand. I refuse to believe that they just die out of nowhere.

4 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I will contact support and send them this picture and see what they think.聽

I went into buying this knowing that it likely will die within months, but I always want to experience stuff like that first hand. I refuse to believe that they just die out of nowhere.

Most do. But hey maybe you get lucky. Also its not within months usually between 1,5 and 2 years they start breaking down. Basically nicely outside a lot of the worlds warranty period and its why they dislike the eu's warranty period a lot :p.

My last job got some mid 2020 and earlier 2021 versions as fancy bling bling show off stuff on a cool device laptops before I quit and the 2020 versions were starting to fail starting september 2021.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

and its why they dislike the eu's warranty period a lot :p.

If I were to live in the U.S. I'd not buy a Razer 馃槃

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

My last job got some mid 2020 and earlier 2021 versions as fancy bling bling show off stuff on a cool device laptops before I quit and the 2020 versions were starting to fail starting september 2021.

Good to know. Let's hope I won the lottery and got a good unit.

41 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

If I were to live in the U.S. I'd not buy a Razer 馃槃

Good to know. Let's hope I won the lottery and got a good unit.

My fav way of looking at longevity of devices is funnily enough what shows up on ebay. The razer is wildly popular but there arent many available that are recent 馃槢