3090 Ti FE $1499 at best buy Canada now

Pattmarsons

Congrats on the purchase. But I'm curious, why blow the money on that with the new cards literally a month or two away?

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

That’s about $500 more than I would pay for one atm.   There should be just a mess of those appearing on the used market when proof of stake hits.  Everyone who didn’t make stake (which will be most of them) will be dumping their mining rigs.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

44 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That’s about $500 more than I would pay for one atm.   There should be just a mess of those appearing on the used market when proof of stake hits.  Everyone who didn’t make stake (which will be most of them) will be dumping their mining rigs.

I know on Newegg, EVGA's FTW3 model is $1099. But yeah, those mining cards flooding the market already and more will surely come.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

16 minutes ago, GreatnessRD said:

I know on Newegg, EVGA's FTW3 model is $1099. But yeah, those mining cards flooding the market already and more will surely come.

If the glut of used cards gets large though it affects the sale price of new cards.  There’s only a certain amount people are willing to pay for newness.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The price is in CAD, so it is not a bad deal. Direct dollar conversion puts 1099 USD in the 1499 CAD range.

25 minutes ago, Luis_biotech said:

The price is in CAD, so it is not a bad deal. Direct dollar conversion puts 1099 USD in the 1499 CAD range.

Ok so $200-300 more than I would buy it for

18 hours ago, GreatnessRD said:

Congrats on the purchase. But I'm curious, why blow the money on that with the new cards literally a month or two away?

Where have you seen that they are going to launch in the next two months?

18 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So you'd rather save 300 dollars and buy a used mining rig gpu?

1 minute ago, Pattmarsons said:

Where have you seen that they are going to launch in the next two months?

Announcement's in one week

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Pattmarsons said:

So you'd rather save 300 dollars and buy a used mining rig gpu?

Sure.  The big issue with mining rigs is they often need repasting and maybe new fans.  I can fix both without trouble, as I don’t really like thin fans anyway and don’t use the other slots on my motherboard generally so pulling the cooler and repasting then zip thing some $12 case fans to it is something I’d likely do anyway.

i think I’ll save a good bit more than $300 though. And even if it is only $300, I never went to law or medical school so a $600/hr billed rate is fine with me. 

Edited by Bombastinator

On 9/12/2022 at 11:15 PM, GreatnessRD said:

yes