Pc specs

3060Ti Fe

Ryzen 7 5700G

x570 Asus rog Gaming- E 

4tb hdd western blue

samsung nvme 500Gb drive

750w Rm Corsair psu 80+ gold rated

Built over a year and a half ago 

within the last 2 weeks I’ll be gaming on new world, forza horizon 5, Spider-Man remastered and will crash anywhere from 15 mins to after a few hours where as outriders and guardians of the galaxy won’t crash but when this crash happens all my peripherals will turn off and monitor will stay on as it’s got it’s own adapter but will say display port has no signal then goes to sleep mode and then pc won’t work until I hold the power button to turn it off and then will need to click the power button to turn it on and then it will boot up normally and never crashed in stress tests. Could this be a psu issue if my pc is not fully shutting down but all my peripherals are turning off could this be to reduce power because of a psu issue if it is in the process of failing I checked temps of my cpu and psu no overheating just struggling to see what it could be but think it points to a psu issue, if I could get someone’s opinion that would be great on this

Probably not a PSU issue unless it's one of those oldest RM units Chicony produced, which is doubtful since it's 1.5 years old PC.

Check the event viewer, see what came out.

Unlikely that's a PSU issue.

What's the brand and model of the RAM

What are the RAM settings in the BIOS?

Motherboard BIOS fully up to date?

1 minute ago, --SID-- said:

Corsair 3600 vengeance lpx, xmp is turned off as got a repair guy to have a look and motherboard bios is fully up to date, it only happens on intensive games which makes me think it’s psu because of that

3 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Probably not a PSU issue unless it's one of those oldest RM units Chicony produced, which is doubtful since it's 1.5 years old PC.

Check the event viewer, see what came out.

No error other than when I start it up and have to power down it’s kernel error 41(63)

1 hour ago, --SID-- said:

THIS. Not everyone knows this, but QVL recommendations are pretty much crucial with Ryzen. They are quite fussy about RAM. Board manufacturers issue a Qualified Vendor List with RAM they recommend and guarantee stability and compatibility. I've used a Ballistix kit that caused issues in three different boards, none of which it was QVL'd for. For two of those three, the issues have been resolved with QVL-recommended RAM. The third has yet to be addressed, as it is in furlough.

58 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Corsair 3600 vengeance lpx, xmp is turned off as got a repair guy to have a look and motherboard bios is fully up to date, it only happens on intensive games which makes me think it’s psu because of that

@Mitzy

You need to be more specific with the part # / SKU -- it will look something like CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 and should be listed on the DIMMs or the box they came in. You should check that SKU against the QVL list for the board you have. If it's not listed, it can cause some pretty gnarly issues. The kit I originally used caused all sorts of problems even though it was the same timings and voltage as the QVL kit that replaced it, the difference was the replacement QVL'd kit stopped the issues.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

My ram worked for a year and a half and that’s why I don’t think it’s the ram 

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

THIS. Not everyone knows this, but QVL recommendations are pretty much crucial with Ryzen. They are quite fussy about RAM. Board manufacturers issues a Qualified Vendor List with RAM they recommend and guarantee stability and compatibility. I've used a Ballistix kit that caused issues in three different boards, none of which it was QVL'd for. For two of those three, the issues have been resolved with QVL-recommended RAM. The third has yet to be addressed, as it is in furlough.

3 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

My ram worked for a year and a half and that’s why I don’t think it’s the ram

Mine worked for about two weeks before the issues started, and the really annoying issues started after about 4-6 weeks, but they weren't frequent enough or obvious enough to home in on. I only figured it out because the board was RMA'd (returned 'could not duplicate issue'), and the same DIMMs created other issues in another board. People even told me it couldn't be the issue when I first theorized it. Turns out it can be a problem in some cases, and it doesn't hurt to check the list. Even if it is QVL'd, you could still have a faulty chip or DIMM.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Just now, An0maly_76 said:

Mine worked for about two weeks before the issues started, and the really annoying issues started after about 4-6 weeks. People even told me it couldn't be the issue when I first theorized it. Turns out it can be a problem in some cases, and it doesn't hurt to check the list. Even if it is QVL'd, you could still have a faulty chip or DIMM.

CMK16GX4MD2D3600C18

7 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Mine worked for about two weeks before the issues started, and the really annoying issues started after about 4-6 weeks, but they weren't frequent enough or obvious enough to home in on. I only figured it out because the board was RMA'd (returned 'could not duplicate issue'), and the same DIMMs created other issues in another board. People even told me it couldn't be the issue when I first theorized it. Turns out it can be a problem in some cases, and it doesn't hurt to check the list. Even if it is QVL'd, you could still have a faulty chip or DIMM.

Can’t find my ram code in the qvl

9 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

CMK16GX4MD2D3600C18

Checked three lists indicating processors with Radeon Vega or Radeon VGA graphics, no match. See for yourself. I'm not insisting this is the issue or arguing with you, but you really shouldn't rule it out if it's not on the list. FWIW, some very similar part #s ARE on the list, but not THIS particular one. And even one character off can make all the difference... Also, Ryzen are fussy about RAM to start with, but Asus boards make them just that much touchier. I might add that 3600 is usually overkill, especially with integrated graphics, I run a 3200 kit on my 5900X / Tuf B550-PLUS and it screams.

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_qvl/

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

so you recommend I buy a cheap kit with something from qvl?

3 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Checked three lists indicating processors with Radeon Vega or Radeon VGA graphics, no match. See for yourself. I'm not insisting this is the issue or arguing with you, but you really shouldn't rule it out if it's not on the list. FWIW, some very similar part #s ARE on the list, but not THIS particular one. And even one character off can make all the difference... Also, Ryzen are fussy about RAM to start with, but Asus boards make them just that much touchier. I might add that 3600 is usually overkill, especially with integrated graphics, I run a 3200 kit on my 5900X / Tuf B550-PLUS and it screams.

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_qvl/

32 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

so you recommend I buy a cheap kit with something from qvl?

Not necessarily cheap so much (you get what you pay for), but what's important is that if it's QVL'd, the manufacturer guarantees that kit to be stable, and Ryzen is known for not playing well with others when it comes to RAM....

As I said, 3200 is really all you need, 3600 is only necessary with insane overclocking, which you're not likely to do. The following 3200 Corsair kits are listed for this board with 5000-series processors with Radeon Vega graphics. Be aware that my board did not auto-detect the correct timings, something else I think Ryzen and Asus boards are touchy about. I had to set mine manually, including the frequency.

CMD16GX4M2B3200C16 : 16-18-18-36, 1.35v

CMD32GX4M2C3200C16 : 16-18-18-36, 1.35v

CMK64GX4M8B3200C16 : 16-18-18-36, 1.35v

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 : 16-18-18-36, 1.35v

ADDED:   @Mitzy

As an aside, I run Patriot Viper 4 Blackout PVB432G320C6K in my Asus Tuf B550-PLUS with the 5900X, which works quite well, even feels faster than the suspect RAM it replacd. That SKU is listed for your board with Radeon Vega, as well as the Patriot Viper Steel PVS432G320C6K, both with 16-18-18-36 timings, 1.35v like the Corsair kits.

However, the Viper 4 Blackout is single-rank versus the Viper Steel's dual-rank, and while I think dual rank is beneficial to some setups, I can't say for sure it will matter with this one.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

Not necessarily cheap so much (you get what you pay for), but what's important is that if it's QVL'd, the manufacturer guarantees that kit to be stable, and Ryzen is known for not playing well with others when it comes to RAM....

As I said, 3200 is really all you need, 3600 is only necessary with insane overclocking, which you're not likely to do. The following 3200 Corsair kits are listed for this board with 5000-series processors with Radeon Vega graphics. Be aware that my board did not auto-detect the correct timings, something else I think Ryzen and Asus boards are touchy about. I had to set mine manually, including the frequency.

CMD16GX4M2B3200C16 : 16-18-18-36, 1.35v

CMD32GX4M2C3200C16 : 16-18-18-36, 1.35v

ADDED:   @Mitzy

As an aside, I run Patriot Viper 4 Blackout PVB432G320C6K in my Asus Tuf B550-PLUS with the 5900X, which works quite well, even feels faster than the suspect RAM it replacd. That SKU is listed for your board with Radeon Vega as well...

Thank you for the help I’ve found some that are compatible and some dude I use a lot who knows computers is going to get some for me and install it for me with a new psu this week which will be good

2 hours ago, Mitzy said:

Thank you for the help I’ve found some that are compatible and some dude I use a lot who knows computers is going to get some for me and install it for me with a new psu this week which will be good

Hopefully it was just RAM instability causing this. Mine, strangely enough, apart from the random no-video POST failures and refusal to wake from sleep, appeared to run fine. But I couldn't believe the difference the QVL-recommended kit made.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

20 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

Hopefully it was just RAM instability causing this. Mine, strangely enough, apart from the random no-video POST failures and refusal to wake from sleep, appeared to run fine. But I couldn't believe the difference the QVL-recommended kit made.

Yo I have an update got some local guy I know to check my he’s swapped the psu and going to swap the ram but he tested my old psu and he said that the cpu cable on the psu is quite unstable which I think was most likely causing my crashing

8 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Yo I have an update got some local guy I know to check my he’s swapped the psu and going to swap the ram but he tested my old psu and he said that the cpu cable on the psu is quite unstable which I think was most likely causing my crashing

How did he test it?

RM750 has 2 cpu cables. You just use the second.

25 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

That could certainly do it.

15 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

How did he test it?

I should think if the pins can wiggle on the motherboard end, it won't matter which PSU socket is used. Likewise if the CPU power socket on the motherboard is not firmly attached, which could mean anything from bad soldering to a cracked board. So while I agree with questioning how it was tested, depending on where the instability is, that will determine the best solution to the problem.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, --SID-- said:

How did he test it?

Yeah it does true but I’m just gonna rma my old uni I got him to upgrade it to 850 watt psu that is more reliable and then just rma the rm750 so I can get a new psu and some new cables with the replacement then keep the 750psu as a backup

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

That could certainly do it.

I should think if the pins can wiggle on the motherboard end, it won't matter which PSU socket is used. Likewise if the CPU power socket on the motherboard is not firmly attached, which could mean anything from bad soldering to a cracked board. So while I agree with questioning how it was tested, depending on where the instability is, that will determine the best solution to the problem.

He used a voltmeter tested it and told me then swapped all the cables and upgraded the psu simple as that then I am gonna rma my old 750rm watt psu as it’s got warranty and that means I’ll end up with a backup psu 

Just now, Mitzy said:

He used a voltmeter tested it and told me then swapped all the cables and upgraded the psu simple as that then I am gonna rma my old 750rm watt psu as it’s got warranty and that means I’ll end up with a backup psu 

So was it a voltage supply instability, or a crappy connection in the harness?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

4 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

So was it a voltage supply instability, or a crappy connection in the harness?

Generally don’t know ha ha didn’t really say other things the issue had been fixed

The old Chicony built RMs were kinda a tilde in some parts of the build, if that's what you had. This hasn't been a case at all with the newer CWT RM's, however.

28 minutes ago, Motifator said:

The old Chicony built RMs were kinda a tilde in some parts of the build, if that's what you had. This hasn't been a case at all with the newer CWT RM's, however.

I had the 2021 version of the rm Corsair psu but like anything things fail and I think my ventilation didn’t help and probably caused an overheat in the cable