GPT partitions not in the correct order?

stefanmz
Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,

If its working, leave it.

Hey why do I get this popup? And does it matter at all? Should I just continue or should I try to fix this, reorder partitions and so on?

20220911_222028.jpg

It doesn't really matter. If this isn't a repair install or you don't care about any data that might currently be on the drive and want the partitions in the order Windows wants them you can just delete all the partitions and install to a blank disk, then Windows will create the partitions in the order it wants.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

6 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

It doesn't really matter. If you don't care about any data that might currently be on the drive and want the partitions in the order Windows wants them you can just delete all the partitions and install to a blank disk, then Windows will create the partitions in the order it wants.

Well ok I mean if it doesn't matter I am installing it like this. It doesn't affect anything right? Like it won't affect the way I am using Windows. 

11 minutes ago, stefanmz said:

Well ok I mean if it doesn't matter I am installing it like this. It doesn't affect anything right? Like it won't affect the way I am using Windows. 

If your intent is to wipe the drive and install Windows fresh, you really want to delete each of the those existing partitions until you're left with a single Unallocated Space then just click Next.

6 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

If your intent is to wipe the drive and install Windows fresh, you really want to delete each of the those existing partitions until you're left with a single Unallocated Space then just click Next.

Yes but I got a brand new computer.  And it had an EFI partition (which is I guess the one with the shell) and then the primary partition(the ssd) and then a driver cd that is 10GB. And I didn't delete the EFI and the driver cd. I thought they were important.  I installed Windows on the main partition). Is that a problem? Should I delete everything, like literally everything the driver cd and everything and reinstall Windows?

17 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

If its working, leave it.

Ok I disabled the EFI partition from the BIOS so it doesn't boot from it but from Windows.  That's not a problem right? Otherwise it would boot to the EFI shell. 

image81.png