Is there any way to disable this particular type of notification?

An0maly_76

Apologies if there is a better subforum for this, I didn't see anywhere more specific that I saw the option to post. These particular bottom-screen reply notifications are quite irritating and often obscure what I'm typing -- is there any way to disable these independently of the standard ones?

image.thumb.png.222f56db359fbbb893adbf2c00a42392.png

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

• 2 weeks later...

They can't be disabled, although it shouldn't show up again after you dismiss it until you refresh the page.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

They can't be disabled, although it shouldn't show up again after you dismiss it until you refresh the page.

Rats. They block my view of what I'm typing as a reply to the thread, real PITA.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Rats. They block my view of what I'm typing as a reply to the thread, real PITA.

There should be more than enough footer under the reply area that at worst you should just need to scroll down (or just dismiss the notification), right? But also, would you not want to see what the new post was, in case it impacts your new reply?

HTTP/2 203

I typically scroll down just enough to get to the reply window, hence there is no footer. I guess I can see where a reply in realtime might impact my reply, I just think there are better places for it to appear than where it can potentially obscure what you're typing. Same for if the cursor happens to be over the text you're typing, it too, obscures what you're typing. Of course, I am all but bedbound due to health issues, so my cursor does tend to wander with my mouse moving occasionally, but I should think these notifications could be put more to the left of screen or something. Maybe a simple box that says "NEW REPLY" or something. Just a thought.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!