What does CMS mean in this context?

So poking around the interwebs, I found this interesting little info generator for any website you pop in: https://tinywow.com/web/detect . Wonderful as it is, I find it brings up a question as to what CMS means in this instance. The closest I can think of is a Content Management System. Is that correct? What exactly is going on here? I have theories but don't wish to speculate just yet.

Yes, content management system. I assume they have algorithms to detect which one a site is using. Could be used to satisfy people's curiosity (how did they build their site), but could certainly also be used to attack a site, once you know what's being used and what it might be susceptible to.

Spoiler

image.png.094fb4c4b64cdd090d18faac3fbe6cff.png

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

On 9/5/2022 at 2:03 PM, Eigenvektor said:

Yes, content management system. I assume they have algorithms to detect which one a site is using. Could be used to satisfy people's curiosity (how did they build their site), but could certainly also be used to attack a site, once you know what's being used and what it might be susceptible to.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.094fb4c4b64cdd090d18faac3fbe6cff.png

I didn't even think of that. I was mostly thinking about it from a web software/site creation perspective. Looks interesting nonetheless.