Weird flickering on LG BX OLED

Hi all looking for some advice on what the problem is with my oled55bx6lb.

Recently started to flicker a pink/purple band after about 20 mins of screen on time with it getting progressively worse the longer it’s on (flickering more often and more of the screen). I’ve noticed it happens more when HDR content is playing and in dark scenes. It happens on all sources, including on apps like Netflix, it doesn’t cover settings menu items though.

Nothing I’ve tried seems to have fixed the problem (pixel refresh, firmware updates, unplugging all inputs, resetting…)

(flashing lights warning for the vid)

Hi there. Can i ask what setup you're trying to run? Console? Tv? Does it do the same thing with other devices attached?

The reason i'm asking, and i could be wrong, but i've seen my tv doing almost the exact same thing. Except in my case it was happening every time i played the ps4. It would be alright at first then gradually work its way in and get worse. Turned out it was just a bad hdmi cable.

If you have a spare hdmi cable, give that a try. It might help. It might not. But it's worth a try.

13 hours ago, Digideath said:

Hi there. Can i ask what setup you're trying to run? Console? Tv? Does it do the same thing with other devices attached?

The reason i'm asking, and i could be wrong, but i've seen my tv doing almost the exact same thing. Except in my case it was happening every time i played the ps4. It would be alright at first then gradually work its way in and get worse. Turned out it was just a bad hdmi cable.

If you have a spare hdmi cable, give that a try. It might help. It might not. But it's worth a try.

Currently just connected to a pc (HDMI 2.0), but it also happens when nothing is connected on installed apps on the tv.

My best guess is some sort of overheating issue because it takes a while to kick in 🤷‍♂️

• 2 months later...

I know this thread is a few months old, but still wanted to reply as this seems to be the only thread anywhere on the internet I can find that has similar issues to what I'm experiencing.

I got my LG Oled (A2 65") last friday and I'm seeing the same artifacts/purple bands when playing back video content. It's not visible when browsing the TV menu or in the webbrowser app on the TV, but it starts happening as soon as I start playing back any video content. Whether it's youtube, netflix or a HDMI source. I guess that's where my issue differs somewhat from OP's as for me it's noticeable straight away and not after a few minutes of playtime.

TV is on the latest firmware, already tried factory reset and unplugging the TV for a few minutes and holding the powerbutton. So far the issue has persisted.

I've reached out to LG about this, will see what they think. Guessing I just got unlucky and got a faulty unit.