Thermal Paste Recommendation

So I'm using i3-10100 with stock cooler that came with it but suddenly my temps are high and I wanted to tryout some thermal compounds and I only have few options: Thermaltake tg-50, Noctua NT-H2, Cooler Master Mastergel Regular/Pro/Maker. Suggest me a good compound.

Also I wanted to know can I use my previous 8th gen i3-8100's stock cooler with i3-10100 because that cooler was slightly better by performance even though they both are Intel's stock coolers. Thanks!

What are you cpu temps? Does your case have decent airflow? Changing the paste won't have as much of a desired change as you would like it to have, you'd have a 3-5°C change at most 

No you can't reuse that stock cooler, thr 8100 is lga1151 and 10th gen is lga1200

1 minute ago, Ryuikko said:

What are you cpu temps? Does your case have decent airflow? Changing the paste won't have as much of a desired change as you would like it to have, you'd have a 3-5°C change at most 

No you can't reuse that stock cooler, thr 8100 is lga1151 and 10th gen is lga1200

my idle temp was 42C but now it is 65C and when I play games then it is 72C consistent but touches 78C max temp. my case have two 120mm fans in front for intake and 80mm fan in rear for exhaust and now I've opened the front panel of the case for more airflow. also both lga1151 and lga1200 sockets are same for fan mounting so I was wonder if that is possible because every other lga1151 aftermarket coolers now also support lga1200.

4 minutes ago, modassir said:

also both lga1151 and lga1200 sockets are same for fan mounting so I was wonder if that is possible because every other lga1151 aftermarket coolers now also support lga1200.

I do appear to be wrong, lga 1151 is apparently compatible with lga 1200, but 78C max temp is perfectly acceptable and won't harm your cpu in any way 

8 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

I do appear to be wrong, lga 1151 is apparently compatible with lga 1200, but 78C max temp is perfectly acceptable and won't harm your cpu in any way 

still i want some temps to go down...i noticed that the lga1200 fan is slightly smaller than the lga1151 fan so i wanted to use that with some good thermal paste but i have to be sure that using it wont cause any problems and for thermal paste, how about thermaltake tg-50? everyone's telling me to use that.

I'd just go with whatevers cheapest tbh, they all perfrom within margin of error. Mx 4 is usually a decent enough choice and cheap. Noctuas is good but usually a but pricier. If you want a noticeable change in temps then just get a 120 mm cpu cooler like the ak400 or vetroo v5 and you'd probably have a better time with temps than any thermal paste could give you

5 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

I'd just go with whatevers cheapest tbh, they all perfrom within margin of error. Mx 4 is usually a decent enough choice and cheap. Noctuas is good but usually a but pricier. If you want a noticeable change in temps then just get a 120 mm cpu cooler like the ak400 or vetroo v5 and you'd probably have a better time with temps than any thermal paste could give you

how about deepcool gammaxx 400 v2? also i have a fear that those tower coolers with bigger heatsinks may damage/bent the motherboard because my desk is kinda shaky but i really want to tryout the thermal paste as i used stock coolers for 3.5 years with i3-8100

On 9/3/2022 at 10:23 AM, modassir said:

i dont have amazon in my area but local pc shops

You would order it online.