Sound bar + Home theater + McDonalds Menu Monitor problem

Rahvinox

Ok so a bit of a backstory, back before I quit my job at McDonald's I was able to get my hands on one of the giant monitors that they use in the main lobby for a menu, and I was ecstatic! So fast-forward I quit my job, got a new job at HCM and my mom has bought a new Sony HT-200F sound bar (I forgot to mention we also own a Sony Blu-ray player/home theatre type thing the speakers got thrown out cause my cat's chewed on the wires but the unit itself works perfectly) so when my mom bought said sound bar I was kind of excited, so I tried to hook it up to the Monitor (the TV we had in the living room died and got thrown out, a waste I know) and there is just one small problem this monitor has no form of connection for Digital Audio, only has DVI in/out, RGB/Component in/out, HDMI, Display Port, USB port, RS-232C in/out, Composite port  (it looks different from what I have seen) and R & L Speaker 3.5 mm jacks, so my main question is am I able to hook up the Sound bar to the Home theatre and the monitor in some way or do I have to like to get a splitter or something or what? I have a cable for Audio out / in from the home theatre to the Sound bar, the only thing I am trying to figure out is there a way to have audio come out of the sound bar and have the monitor be used as a TV in some capacity, sorry for the lengthy post any help will be appreciated FYI, The Blu-ray Receiver model number is HBD-E280, and for the Model number for the moniter is 47WV50BR, product model is 47wv50-BL.AUSRLJM if you need any more info I will post what I can

You'll likely need an audio extractor or such since the monitor won't support TV features like ARC that's typically used with a sound bar.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

7 hours ago, Kilrah said:

You'll likely need an audio extractor or such since the monitor won't support TV features like ARC that's typically used with a sound bar.

Any suggestions on a decent prices one?

It sounds like your blu-ray home theater system was supposed to be used on its own as it has speaker connections.

It's not usually designed to connect to another audio system I don't think.

Maybe it's time to replace it for something else as you got rid of the speakers that is specific to the system and chances are you cannot find a replacement! 

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2022 at 6:23 AM, sm1th5 said:

It sounds like your blu-ray home theater system was supposed to be used on its own as it has speaker connections.

It's not usually designed to connect to another audio system I don't think.

Maybe it's time to replace it for something else as you got rid of the speakers that is specific to the system and chances are you cannot find a replacement! 

Yeah, the blue ray home theatre did have its own speakers, but they got chewed up by the cats, and my mom bought the sound bar without looking into anything, so I am at a loss what to do with it