Prime95 FETAL ERROR : Rounding

So i've been having some problems with my computer where it will randomly shut down (usually when playing games). There is no Blue Screen.

On Event Viewer the error is this -> Kernel Power | Event ID 41 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

I ran Prime 95 and after 3 minutes i get this error

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4984326662, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected running 480K FFT size, consult stress.txt file.

Can someone tell me what is the problem? I tried clean installing Windows but i have the same issue

Specs:

R5 2600

Gigabyte A320M S2H (BIOS F56a)

2x8GB 3200Mhz RAM (Stock)

GTX 1660 Super

1TB NVMe (SX 8200 Pro)

Cheap 550W PSU

Windows 11 (Latest Stable)

Is your CPU overclocked? If your CPU is making rounding errors when performing math, that would indicate the overclock isn't stable. You could try lowering clocks a bit. Technically RAM is only supported up to 2933, so maybe it's not quite stable and you could also try lowering RAM speed.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

8 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Is your CPU overclocked? If your CPU is making rounding errors when performing math, that would indicate the overclock isn't stable. You could try lowering clocks a bit. Technically RAM is only supported up to 2933, so maybe it's not quite stable and you could also try lowering RAM speed.

I can't even overclock my CPU since I'm using an A320 motherboard. Also, i was running 3200Mhz for 3 years no problem. It just started doing this shit

Just now, Od1sseas said:

I can't even overclock my CPU since I'm using an A320 motherboard. Also, i was running 3200Mhz for 3 years no problem. It just started doing this shit

Test 1 stick at a time

Then disable xmp run at 2133 or whatever the hell the kits jedec spec is and see if that fixes your problem

If one of the sticks fails and the other doesnt then faulty stick

If both fail but jedec speed works then try raising volts like vsoc to help the imc run 3200

3 minutes ago, Od1sseas said:

Components age, so maybe power delivery isn't as good as it used to be and the CPU is no longer stable at the voltages it gets supplied.

Have you checked the "stress.txt" the message is pointing out? Maybe it contains some more useful information.

37 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Components age, so maybe power delivery isn't as good as it used to be and the CPU is no longer stable at the voltages it gets supplied.

Have you checked the "stress.txt" the message is pointing out? Maybe it contains some more useful information.

Is there any chance it could be the power supply?

Sounds to me like a failing power supply, especially as you specify it as ‘cheap!’

Honestly, you would lose nothing by replacing it with a higher quality psu. It would eliminate that as a potential problem (which I highly suspect it is the main issue.)

11 minutes ago, Echothedolpin said:

Sounds to me like a failing power supply, especially as you specify it as ‘cheap!’

Honestly, you would lose nothing by replacing it with a higher quality psu. It would eliminate that as a potential problem (which I highly suspect it is the main issue.)

Agree. It was a 25€ PSU from a brand that is only known in my country and it doesn't have a really great reputation.  Also , it says 550W while providing only 30A in the 12V rail (360W in total. It's 5 years old . For its price, I would say it held up pretty damn well (if it's actually the issue).

Thank btw, I just bought a new one. Gonna update after I get it and install it 

51 minutes ago, Od1sseas said:

Is there any chance it could be the power supply?

Yeah, agree with @Echothedolpin  If the power it gives is not clean (e.g. spikes/drops) or a bit too low that could certainly be a cause. Fingers crossed that changing it solves the issue.

4 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Yeah, agree with @Echothedolpin  If the power it gives is not clean (e.g. spikes/drops) or a bit too low that could certainly be a cause. Fingers crossed that changing it solves the issue.

Yeah i hope its the PSU because i already ordered one and i don't want my money wasted xd

10 hours ago, Od1sseas said:

Agree. It was a 25€ PSU from a brand that is only known in my country and it doesn't have a really great reputation.  Also , it says 550W while providing only 30A in the 12V rail (360W in total. It's 5 years old . For its price, I would say it held up pretty damn well (if it's actually the issue).

Thank btw, I just bought a new one. Gonna update after I get it and install it 

No problem! Looking forward to see your results!