dual booting manjaro and win 10 between 2 drives

I want to install manjaro along side of windows 10 on my gaming laptop (i5 10500h and a 3060)

but i want to install manjaro on the second drive in the laptop

and idk what to do for the boot partition for manjaro because its not on the same drives and the as the windows boot manager

I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem but I know Linux can be weird sometimes and I have also I have lost a win10 installation form something similar to what I'm trying to do now

so I want to make sure I install it right and this is my first time in stalling Linux on to a computer with a nividia gpu so I would like know if their any thing special i need to do to get the drivers to work

because I have heard how weird they can be

plz help if you can

and sorry for this being a simply question I just can't for the life of me seem find the info I need else where

unplug windows drive, install manjaro normally.

after install finish, replug windows drive and you can just select which drive to boot in bios / quick selector.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

38 minutes ago, idkpc said:

and idk what to do for the boot partition for manjaro because its not on the same drives and the as the windows boot manager

I have manjaro and windows on separate drives, it installed the eufi bootpartition/loader onto the same drive as manjaro. It did not overwrite the windows bootloader on the windows drive.

42 minutes ago, idkpc said:

I would like know if their any thing special i need to do to get the drivers to work

Install the nvidia driver via settings > hardware configuration. After install nvidia optimus to allow you to swtich between intel and nvidia gpu

https://github.com/Askannz/optimus-manager

9 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

I have manjaro and windows on separate drives, it installed the eufi bootpartition/loader onto the same drive as manjaro. It did not overwrite the windows bootloader on the windows drive.

It did try to overwrite the windows one by default for me, but I just changed it manually. Basically just make sure to that the bootloader isn't overwriting the windows one and it will be fine.

Or you can disconnect the windows drive, install manjaro, then after you connect the windows drive again update the grub entries if necessary to be able to access the windows install from the grub.

6 hours ago, KaitouX said:

Or you can disconnect the windows drive, install manjaro, then after you connect the windows drive again update the grub entries if necessary to be able to access the windows install from the grub.

^^ This.

Put (or make sure)

GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=true
GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false
GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_PARTUUID=false

into /etc/defualt/grub before updating, then grub will default to the "last OS you booted" if you don't interact with the menu, saves you having to hand hold windows update reboots and similar.

A guy wrote some "you must hold down shift for the grub menu to appear" hooks that work well, if you want the whole dual book thing to be completely opaque during normal use.

7 hours ago, KaitouX said:

It did try to overwrite the windows one by default for me, but I just changed it manually. Basically just make sure to that the bootloader isn't overwriting the windows one and it will be fine.

idk what it did i fiddle with grub a bit and the windows stopped showing up and then i ran windisk check using Hiren’s BootCD on a usb and it came back
this was more of me messing with the boot manager but i just wanted to make sure i do it right the first time so i dont have to mess to much with the boot loader