"Name a tech brand" game

pythonmegapixel

I have no idea if this will catch on or not. This is a new game which, similarly to the banning game or "Corrupt a Wish", you play by just replying to the person who posted before you. All being well, the previous post will contain a tech brand  - such as "Apple". You should reply with another brand which has some relationship with Apple. For example, it could be a brand owned by them (e.g. macOS), the brand of a company that they bought out (e.g. Dark Sky), a company that is well-known to supply them (e.g. LG Display).

But it doesn't have to be one of these - you are allowed and encouraged to make the connections as tenuous and unique as possible - we don't want the thread to devolve into "X  - also a subsidiary of Amazon" - "Y - also a subsidiary of Amazon" - "Z - also a subsidiary of Amazon" and so on.

Please don't connect two brands just because they make a similar/competing product - that's boring! (For example, if we're currently on Windows, don't put Ubuntu unless you can find an connection that isn't to do with them both being operating systems). Also, I hope this goes without saying, but please don't use this thread to promote brands.

Finally, always say what the connection is. For example, if we start with Microsoft, you could reply with "Discord - Microsoft considered acquiring Discord in 2021, but their bid to do so was rejected".

So let's start with Discord.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Lenovo - IBM's laptop division , including the famous ThinkPad series, was sold to them many years ago

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.