Any IEMs enjoyers here? I need an advice

MindArlekin

Some time ago, when I didn't really know anything related to IEMs quality, tuning, etc. I bought myself Ibasso IT01. Later I understood that they are lacking in some areas, but they are usable. 

Now, after couple of years, I know a little bit more. Also, cable broke 3rd time since I started using this IEMs, and this time I don't have tools on hand to fix it. So I decided it's time to upgrade my whole setup, along with buying myself another pair of IEMs.

Now I know at least enougth to navigate in this space and avoid complete garbage. I like Harman target, and used Wavelet autoEQ to make my IT01 sound like Harman. So I bought Truthear ZERO, because it was advertised to already be compliant with Harman target, so I wouldnt be needing to use any EQ anymore. And also, because I'm in a Crinacle cult. Picked them up yesterday.

All my life I have listened to music from my phone.And I always thought that phone has enough power to drive any IEM, but with this new ones it seems like only my laptop can provide them with enough juice to get sufficient amount of volume. I tried them on an iPad - similar story.

It's not like I'm listening my music on a dangerous amounts of volume. Usually I was adjusting it on my phone from song to song, depending on a record quality (like, when using Spotify I would make volume slightly higher then liscening to FLAC record from sdcard). I also never used preamp, my old Ibasso IEM had enough lowndes at a top volume settings that it will be painful to listen.

So, is there some problem with my new IEMs, with my phone or with me? Or this is pretty much normal stuff? Asking because I also bought BTR5 and it would suck to discover that it also can't drive those new IEM's.

IMG_20220820_203323.thumb.jpg.5a56272f7d94358ac8667f2d0549e4d4.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2022 at 12:35 PM, MindArlekin said:

Some time ago, when I didn't really know anything related to IEMs quality, tuning, etc. I bought myself Ibasso IT01. Later I understood that they are lacking in some areas, but they are usable. 

Now, after couple of years, I know a little bit more. Also, cable broke 3rd time since I started using this IEMs, and this time I don't have tools on hand to fix it. So I decided it's time to upgrade my whole setup, along with buying myself another pair of IEMs.

Now I know at least enougth to navigate in this space and avoid complete garbage. I like Harman target, and used Wavelet autoEQ to make my IT01 sound like Harman. So I bought Truthear ZERO, because it was advertised to already be compliant with Harman target, so I wouldnt be needing to use any EQ anymore. And also, because I'm in a Crinacle cult. Picked them up yesterday.

All my life I have listened to music from my phone.And I always thought that phone has enough power to drive any IEM, but with this new ones it seems like only my laptop can provide them with enough juice to get sufficient amount of volume. I tried them on an iPad - similar story.

It's not like I'm listening my music on a dangerous amounts of volume. Usually I was adjusting it on my phone from song to song, depending on a record quality (like, when using Spotify I would make volume slightly higher then liscening to FLAC record from sdcard). I also never used preamp, my old Ibasso IEM had enough lowndes at a top volume settings that it will be painful to listen.

So, is there some problem with my new IEMs, with my phone or with me? Or this is pretty much normal stuff? Asking because I also bought BTR5 and it would suck to discover that it also can't drive those new IEM's.

IMG_20220820_203323.thumb.jpg.5a56272f7d94358ac8667f2d0549e4d4.jpg

Truthear x Crinacle zeroes have a subwoofer in them so that might be the reason why your phone can't drive them

idk the truthear zero do need more power than the average iem but btr5 should be enough

image.thumb.png.e11a8b2985d51f77524241c37c0886c9.png