Failing HDD causing gpu to crash?

Ohhnulix

My computer has a raid 0 array of 6 disks that I use as a game drive ( yes I’m aware this is a terrible idea, it wasn’t a bad idea to me at the time and I’ve just never gotten replacement). Over time they have gone out, I’ll re do the drives and reinstall games, I’m down to 4 now, all different disks. I turned on my pc today and got error code 62(something with a pch driver in the BIOS, but everything I’ve read said gpu issues, plus the crashes seemed gpu related, no display/randomly shutting off with randomcolored screens)

unplugged everything outside of the main hardware and it worked, plugged my drives back into the Sata ports and it did the same thing. Could a bad sata drive/port cause all this?

8 minutes ago, Ohhnulix said:

My computer has a raid 0 array of 6 disks that I use as a game drive ( yes I’m aware this is a terrible idea, it wasn’t a bad idea to me at the time and I’ve just never gotten replacement). Over time they have gone out, I’ll re do the drives and reinstall games, I’m down to 4 now, all different disks. I turned on my pc today and got error code 62(something with a pch driver in the BIOS, but everything I’ve read said gpu issues, plus the crashes seemed gpu related, no display/randomly shutting off with randomcolored screens)

unplugged everything outside of the main hardware and it worked, plugged my drives back into the Sata ports and it did the same thing. Could a bad sata drive/port cause all this?

The OS lives on a drive so yes, it’s possible.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

47 minutes ago, Ohhnulix said:

I've had sata cords fail on me before. What if the GPU drivers are on a failing / failed HDD?

1 hour ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I've had sata cords fail on me before. What if the GPU drivers are on a failing / failed HDD?

Same thing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I wouldn’t imagine them being on a failed drive. But if I unplug the drives it doesn’t fix it right away, I usUally have to let it sit for a bit. I’m starting to wonder if it’s a psu or gpu failure 

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Same thing.

4 hours ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said: