Adhoc Network for Windows 11

parinjoy

For better connection and casting speeds, I am trying to connect my two Windows Laptop without any middle-man like the router. I tried AdHoc Network for Windows 11 but with it's WEP security, it must be a thing of the past. Is there some improved version of this feature on Windows ? My main aim is to have a faster connection speed between the two Windows Laptop.

If you want a faster connection, just run an Ethernet cable between the two. That would be significantly faster and will have a lower latency. Though, since there's no DHCP server now, you'd have to manually assign IP addresses to the laptops. Assuming of course both laptops have Ethernet.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

2 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

If you want a faster connection, just run an Ethernet cable between the two. That would be significantly faster and will have a lower latency. Though, since there's no DHCP server now, you'd have to manually assign IP addresses to the laptops. Assuming of course both laptops have Ethernet.

Don't you need a crossover Ethernet cable in order to connect 2 devices together without a switch or router?

Neither Laptops have ethernet port sadly, they are quite modern laptops, both bought last year. My TP Link router has very low link speed so I am try to cut the router out.

9 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Don't you need a crossover Ethernet cable in order to connect 2 devices together without a switch or router?

You do, but most newer devices come with Auto MDI-X, which auto detects the connection type and configures it accordingly so the crossover cable is not much of an issue.

Edited by RockSolid1106

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

VPN Server Guide

8 minutes ago, parinjoy said:

Neither Laptops have ethernet port sadly, they are quite modern laptops, both bought last year. My TP Link router has very low link speed so I am try to cut the router out.

If you're desperate, you might be able to purchase two USB to Ethernet dongles and connect the laptops with that. They sell fairly cheap. Other than that I'm not aware of any other options.

^

VPN Server Guide

2 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

If you're desperate, you might be able to purchase two USB to Ethernet dongles and connect the laptops with that. They sell fairly cheap. Other than that I'm not aware of any other options.

Another option would be to put them on an Adhoc Network (there is a lifewire article on that for Windows 11), connect the 2nd laptop to the same Adhoc Network, Use Connect app on the 2nd machine to cast the display from the first machine preferably in an extend display configuration. But it the network is on WEP it will be picked up by anyone, not so secure in that case.