3 pin wire on front panel board?

Can someone plz help me with this where do i plug in the plug coming off my front panel usb/audio? I tore this pre built apart and didnt take pics plus i have a new mobo so im kinda lost and if anyone has time i have a front panel aura sync that i cant figure out either

Well you'll have an easier time supplying all the juicy details of this pre-built system. Otherwise, the operators manual or user manual could help you way more than anyone else here could. 

the pre built didnt have mobo manual or nothing with it its a g15cs by rog and when i look up the manual on asus website nothing comes up 

You mentioned you got a new motherboard. Which is it? You can check the manual of the new motherboard

Just now, blackhole1 said:

166042840647292206537.jpg

Flip the plug over, is something printed on it?>

Looks like power 12v and 5v for lighting maybe fans?

Where was it plugged in on the old motherboard? What's the printing say on the PCB that was plugged into?

(Yes the manual was pretty useless, but it was neat to see them show you how to sit properly at your desk with that stupid picture XD)

i didnt have the manual for the new mobo i have a pdf version but i need to know what this wire does in order to plug it in somewhere lol there is a hd audio mini usb and usb 2 on the front panel board it has 3 sata connections the hd audio wire and the 4 pin 3 wire plug in the pic coming off it. if that helps any

ok so on the old mobo there is a header on the board labeled u3_pwr where it was connected 

Any ideas? because the new mobo doesnt have that header

Tried to find out what u3_pwr means - no luck.
Either way you could try to find your old mobo's manual but since it's from a prebuild I could be tricky.

ya asus doesnt have the file for that mobo ive even tried rog ill just not hook up the front panel i guess i have been wanting a new case anyways but im poor so ya i guess ill just go without until i can afford a new case lol thanks for your guys input 

It's a proprietary connector that is only used with the board that was shipped with the case. Aftermarket motherboards probably won't have this header. 

BUT-

It looks like Ground, 12v and 5v wires. You could probably build a molex connector and just use one of the power supply cables. A bit of modification, but totally doable.

https://www.amazon.com/Molex-4-Pin-Male-Power-Connector/dp/B014K8OXLE

• 1 year later...

I've studied the board. The u3_pwr header is the power input to the front panel circuit board that houses usb (hub) ports, card reader, SATA couplers, and audio jack.

The one that needs power should likely be only the usb hub components and card reader. There are some traces from the SATA coupler ports so it may not seem like a completely passive device.

Ground 5V and 12V doesn't seem too unreasonable. I will fashion a molex to the Asus cable to see if they work.

IMG_20231119_100922.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 8:17 PM, Yukalto said:

I've studied the board. The u3_pwr header is the power input to the front panel circuit board that houses usb (hub) ports, card reader, SATA couplers, and audio jack.

The one that needs power should likely be only the usb hub components and card reader. There are some traces from the SATA coupler ports so it may not seem like a completely passive device.

Ground 5V and 12V doesn't seem too unreasonable. I will fashion a molex to the Asus cable to see if they work.

IMG_20231119_100922.jpg

Hey, were you able to do it? I have the same exact problem as OP. My motherboard was a pre-built G15CS and I switched to an ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S. And there are multiple cables that don't seem to work. Are there adapters?