Pc Wireless Problems

So for context I currently pay for have a 300Mbps connection and get pretty close to those speeds on all of my devices aside from my PC. The router I use is a Netgear Nighthawk R6900P. So the problem lies with my PC. I have a NZXT N7 B550 motherboard and use its wireless connectivity for my internet rather than a wired connection. While a phone or any device for that matter can routinely get close to the speeds I pay for my desktop gets between 2Mps and 230Mpbs but more often that not it stays in the single digits, oh and the cherry on top if I use the 5gh band on my desktop it disconnects constantly and cant stay connected for longer than 2 minutes without dropping. Ive tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalled, have rolledback drivers, way too many reboots and resets on both the router and pc network settings to even count. Even tried another PCIE network card and got pretty similar results (although it was a crappy spare had just lying around). Its to the point I've lost connection 5 times just simply writing this post and I swear I can hear my network card laugh at me If i even think about playing anything that requires a connection or has multiplayer. I'm lost and feel like I've exhausted my personal knowledge and cant find and answers online, any and all help would greatly be appreciated as I do sadly miss playing games with the boys 😞 

How far is your PC from your router? Mobile devices like phone, tablet and laptop usually have much better antennas so they get better signal. 5 GHz is lower range signal, so if 5 GHz makes things worse I'm pretty sure it's a signal strength issue.

20 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

How far is your PC from your router? Mobile devices like phone, tablet and laptop usually have much better antennas so they get better signal. 5 GHz is lower range signal, so if 5 GHz makes things worse I'm pretty sure it's a signal strength issue.

15 feet at most, is just on the other side of a wall. I don't think distance is the problem, my connection is always full bars and the speed sometimes hits 230Mpbs when its not stuck in the single digests or disconnection