Jump to content

nzxt 4 pin led strip

kiki1911
 Share

what i think i learned from internet is that 3 pin rgb can controll each led and 4 pin controlls all leds together.

 

but how can i controll each led seperatly when it is a 4 pin.

 

its hooked up to the controller you get with h400i

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, kiki1911 said:

what i think i learned from internet is that 3 pin rgb can controll each led and 4 pin controlls all leds together.

 

but how can i controll each led seperatly when it is a 4 pin.

 

its hooked up to the controller you get with h400i

Dunno for sure what the 4th pin actually for, but NZXT led strip is most likely an ARGB one (3pin).
4pin RGB strip usually need 12v, 3pin ARGB strip is usually 5v.
From what I see on their product page, NZXT one is 5v.

The extra "Wire" pin probably to connect with the controller & let the controller controls it.
Plus adding this is turning it into a strip with proprietary connector (can't plug directly into motherboard or other standard hub without some DIY)

Edit : This might explain in more detail about the "Wire" pin.

 

 

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

__________________________________________

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Dunno for sure what the 4th pin actually for, but NZXT led strip is most likely an ARGB one (3pin).
4pin RGB strip usually need 12v, 3pin ARGB strip is usually 5v.
From what I see on their product page, NZXT one is 5v.

The extra "Wire" pin probably to connect with the controller & let the controller controls it.
Plus adding this is turning it into a strip with proprietary connector (can't plug directly into motherboard or other standard hub without some DIY)

Edit : This might explain in more detail about the "Wire" pin.

 

 

And i thought overpriced garbage would atleast save you from having to do diy sht

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

And i thought overpriced garbage would atleast save you from having to do diy sht

Haha, they really want people to use their HUE controller and HUE system I guess ?
Just like corsair & icue.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

__________________________________________

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Poinkachu said:

Haha, they really want people to use their HUE controller and HUE system I guess ?
Just like corsair & icue.

pc aesthetics market is just a ripoff in general it seems, if you arent overpaying for cases then you are overpaying for proprietary rgb ecosystems

 

guess if i ever bother doing aesthetic stuff ill be laughing my ass off at the ppl buying overpriced led strips when im just casually buying dirt cheap ones, heck i think a decent amount of those cheap led strips have a remote for colour adjustment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a lot of discussion on this topic out there already. Thread from a few years ago might be useful.

 

 

ITX & Ultrawide Enthusiast

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

pc aesthetics market is just a ripoff in general it seems, if you arent overpaying for cases then you are overpaying for proprietary rgb ecosystems

 

guess if i ever bother doing aesthetic stuff ill be laughing my ass off at the ppl buying overpriced led strips when im just casually buying dirt cheap ones, heck i think a decent amount of those cheap led strips have a remote for colour adjustment

LED Strips? I agree.

My MSI motherboard can only accept non ARGB 12v ones, so I just bought a cheap 5 meter roll led strips. If they fail, I'll just cut new one and replace.
No point buying an expensive branded one.
I plugged the strips to external powersupply & controller when I need to do some troubleshooting / plugging tiny connectors without taking the whole PC out from the case, somewhat better than using flashlight.

If I want to switch to ARGB, I'll just do the same, buy a non branded one. I hate proprietary connectors.

At the very least PC case can be used for near indefinite amount of time.

RGB strips? unlikely.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

__________________________________________

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Poinkachu said:

If I want to switch to ARGB, I'll just do the same, buy a non branded one

Wait theres also non branded argb led strips available?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×