LTT is becoming an apparel company

Aidanaus
7 hours ago, cmndr said:

It'd be perfectly reasonable for Linus' interest to wax and wane. Like... people change and at moments the industry gets boring.

It's more like... There's nothing exciting happening right now, so LTT has to do content on other things.

If AMD, Intel, and NVidia were launching new product lines right now, I'd imagine that there would be a flurry of content...

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

On top of that, Linus was clear about what he said a few years ago, he will continue, but do things he wants to do.

People need to evolve, he is obviously intelligent enough to do more than just 'tech tips', and you either lose him and effectively the channel, or you get a different version of it.

All of this reminded me of the complaints I see about artists, where a band will change their style to match who they are now, and people get upset because they want them to do the same stuff they did as teens.

It's ok to not like a bands newer music, just like it's fine to not like LTT anymore.

Btw as someone who only rarely viewed a video back then, I now watch it more often, because they do videos on lots of other stuff. I only really care about pc hardware when I need something, I need data on reliability, speed, price etc in thise cases. The rest of the time I really don't care. Sure I want to get an idea how Nvidia 4 series will perform compared to 3 series, but I want an overal idea, I won't remember all the details anyway.

5 hours ago, Neroon said:

....All of this reminded me of the complaints I see about artists, where a band will change their style to match who they are now, and people get upset because they want them to do the same stuff they did as teens....

Ah yes, and then they're immediately "sell outs". I hate that mentality.

On 8/11/2022 at 5:00 PM, cmndr said:

Confirmed, Linus is a tool.

I had a hearty chuckle at that one. 

Also, I have bought a decent amount of stuff from them XD

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

I'll be honest, I'd probably have a fair few of their things, dirty consumerist whore that I am, but shipping to Australia is usually expensive for them, though sometimes they do free shipping so thanks for that folks, but if I'm gonna spend money on Linus' store, I'm gonna spend money if that makes any sense.

AMD 3900XT | ROG STRIX B550-E Gaming | Corsair RGB Pro 3600MHZ CL18

WD_Black SN850 1TB | WD_Black SN770 2TB | Noctua NH12-U |

ROG STRIX RTX 3080 12GB | Corsair HX1200 80+Platinum | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Asus Predator X34 (3440x1440) | 2x AOC Q32V3S/WS (2560x1440) |  Asus ROG Strix ROGSCABBARD Eva Edition deskmat |