ntoskrnl.exe BSODs

526rocks

Any help with this would be amazing - I've spent hours trying to fix these BSODs.

I got a used Razer Blade 15 base (early 2020) off of eBay (now I'm probably seeing why they were selling it). It works perfectly 99% of the time then will randomly BSOD - usually when under load but not always. The bug check string is usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with ntoskrnl.exe at fault. A 2TB SSD was added and the RAM was upgraded to 32GB by the previous owner - the RAM sticks are not mismatched.

Here are the troubleshooting steps I've taken:

I've run Memtest86 twice, and a third time for 3/4 passes and it only returned one error on test 8 between all of the passes as well as 2 hammer test errors that could not be replicated so I am disregarding them for now (maybe that's where I messed up?). It also passed Windows Memory Diagnostic with zero issues.

I've run "sfc /scannow" as well as "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" twice . No reported issues.

Fully updated my computer as well as all of the drivers using windows update and Intel Driver & Support Assistant

Repasted the CPU and GPU and used a cooling stand just to make sure it wasn't somehow a heat issue

Disabled fastboot in both Windows and the BIOS

And probably some other random troubleshooting steps.

Here are the .dmp files

And here is the one (and only) Memtest86 test results that returned errors:

If someone could read the dump files for me or suggest any further troubleshooting steps I'd love to hear them - I'm about out of things to try at this point.

3 minutes ago, 526rocks said:

Any help with this would be amazing - I've spent hours trying to fix these BSODs.

I got a used Razer Blade 15 base (early 2020) off of eBay (now I'm probably seeing why they were selling it). It works perfectly 99% of the time then will randomly BSOD - usually when under load but not always. The bug check string is usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with ntoskrnl.exe at fault. A 2TB SSD was added and the RAM was upgraded to 32GB by the previous owner - the RAM sticks are not mismatched.

Here are the troubleshooting steps I've taken:

I've run Memtest86 twice, and a third time for 3/4 passes and it only returned one error on test 8 between all of the passes as well as 2 hammer test errors that could not be replicated so I am disregarding them for now (maybe that's where I messed up?). It also passed Windows Memory Diagnostic with zero issues.

I've run "sfc /scannow" as well as "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" twice . No reported issues.

Fully updated my computer as well as all of the drivers using windows update and Intel Driver & Support Assistant

Repasted the CPU and GPU and used a cooling stand just to make sure it wasn't somehow a heat issue

Disabled fastboot in both Windows and the BIOS

And probably some other random troubleshooting steps.

Here are the .dmp files

And here is the one (and only) Memtest86 test results that returned errors:

If someone could read the dump files for me or suggest any further troubleshooting steps I'd love to hear them - I'm about out of things to try at this point.

try bluescreenviewer,use it to read what happened.

If you still need,

My possible advice is that you should use xmp instead of manual memory oc.

That how i solved my issue.

Try testing the CPU with Prime95 with the Small FFTs option for a hour.

Try testing the RAM with Memtest86 for 3 hours.

Try testing the GPU with GPUPI 3.3.3,Press Calculate then use the following settings:

(Press cancel if a message about HPET appears)

32B HWbot GPU

choose your GPU in OpenCL GPU devices

Batch size: 20M

Reduction size: 512

Then press OK to start.

Try testing the GPU with MSI Kombustor for a hour.

Tell us if you get any errors while testing.

Prime95 download page:

https://www.mersenne.org/download/

Memtest86 download page:

https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

GPUPI 3.3.3 download page:

https://www.overclockers.at/news/gpupi-international-support-thread

MSI Kombustor download page:

https://msikombustor.com/#MSI_Kombustor_Download_for_PC

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566