Random restarts after upgrades

silentscopz1
Go to solution Solved by silentscopz1,

final update a bios update seemed to fix the issue i didnt think it would do much in the first place since there werent really substntial update and i was only 2 behind but hey ho

so recently upgraded my psu, motherboard and cpu i went from an i5 6500 to a ryzen 7 5800x working with an msi b450 a pro max and go a corsair RM850 psu on certain games e.g. absolver i think gta v was one and most commonly dead by daylight i got random and inconsistent complete restarts dbd is the most come game i play that it happens with so ill explain it with that but most often the pc restarts when i try load the game but past that its completely random just mid game the screen goes black as if the power was cut and then automatically restarts ive tried to solve the issue myself i have tried running the game having each ram stick being taken out 1 at a time so a faulty stick doesnt seem the issue i have reseated the wires in the psu and also where they connect to the cpu power gpu power and motherboard power i have 3 sticks of vengence 8GB 3200mhz RAM non of them are overclocked however msi afterburner says my memory is running at 4000mhz despite task manger my bios and checking on the command prompt all telling me its 3200 im literally out of ideas at this point so any help would be appreciated note i have updated my chip set drivers to and my gpu drivers are up to date (gtx 1060 6GB) and im on windows 11 it was a fresh install on the m.2 i bought with the motherboard

6 minutes ago, silentscopz1 said:

i have 3 sticks of vengence 8GB 3200mhz RAM

There’s your problem. Corsair and Ryzen don’t mix.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

22 minutes ago, freeagent said:

There’s your problem. Corsair and Ryzen don’t mix.

???

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

I have this problem after installing an optional microsoft update, din't even tick it and just started installing, random shutdowns not even a blue screen, now i have to wait for a new one to operate normaly again. i think it was the 64bit system update that pops up regularly, don't install the optional variants of that one, microsoft uses your system as guinea pig.

If you did install it, wait a couple of days for the complete version to come out, it will overwrite the bad beta

5 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

???

It’s just as it sounds..

Search this forum and you will see.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

48 minutes ago, silentscopz1 said:

i have 3 sticks of vengence 8GB 3200mhz RAM

What SKU?

2 sticks are a kit or 3 seperate sticks?

20 hours ago, --SID-- said:

What SKU?

2 sticks are a kit or 3 seperate sticks?

2 sticks as a kit and then another on its own ive never had this issue before the upgrade and i had these 3 sticks before it

3 minutes ago, silentscopz1 said:

2 sticks as a kit and then another on its own ive never had this issue before the upgrade and i had these 3 sticks before it

What's the SKU and version number of the kit and the single stick?

36 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

What's the SKU and version number of the kit and the single stick?

Idk I have a new issue now anywya I tried swapping the ram out for a different brand one I have it booted to the bios frequency was set to auto I exited the bios and now I cant even post I've tried swapping back to the normal sticks I use but that didnt work either

19 minutes ago, silentscopz1 said:

Idk I have a new issue now anywya I tried swapping the ram out for a different brand one I have it booted to the bios frequency was set to auto I exited the bios and now I cant even post I've tried swapping back to the normal sticks I use but that didnt work either

Reset CMOS first.

16 minutes ago, silentscopz1 said:

So posting issue sorted clearing cmos seemed to fix it how do I check for the other details u wanted also 1 thing I noted was that the single stick is different to the other 2  on the back next to where it says ddr4 thsi is the label that has all the details it says gen 6 i5/7 this was the processor I was using before my current one the other 2 are the exact same just without that text I'll trying running the game without this specific stick but how do I check those other details what should they looks like roughly

18 minutes ago, silentscopz1 said:

So posting issue sorted clearing cmos seemed to fix it how do I check for the other details u wanted also 1 thing I noted was that the single stick is different to the other 2  on the back next to where it says ddr4 thsi is the label that has all the details it says gen 6 i5/7 this was the processor I was using before my current one the other 2 are the exact same just without that text I'll trying running the game without this specific stick but how do I check those other details what should they looks like roughly

so update removed the single stick and still having the restarting issue

edit: i forgo to mentions event viewer does give me a event id 41 error

final update a bios update seemed to fix the issue i didnt think it would do much in the first place since there werent really substntial update and i was only 2 behind but hey ho