How to disable a laptop battery through software.

BasisTheProdigy

Hi there, I recently bought an HP dw3052ne.

I Plan to use it for my university studies and such so i want to keep the battery healthy.

So for that reason im set on not using the battery while im working on the laptop and its plugged into the wall(i heard it could damage the battery), Is there a way to disable the battery connection through software for when i need?

Or should i just do it by booting into the BIOS?

Any opinion will help.

Disabling your battery is also not good for it. Just check to see if HP has a software to limit charge level to %60 or so. (Check your bios for that feature, it might be available there too)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

28 minutes ago, BasisTheProdigy said:

not using the battery while im working on the laptop and its plugged into the wall(i heard it could damage the battery)

this myth is so old it's found in cave paintings at this point.

just be decent with your laptop, and chances are the battery will last the life of the laptop. the biggest way in which i see laptops kill their batteries these days (including my most recent hand-me-down work laptop, that some dickweed rushed a reinstall on, and forgot to shut down) is draining the thing ALLL the way down to safety cutoff voltage while the laptop is in sleep mode for a week. your use case is how i use my own work laptops, and most of my colleagues and customers use their laptops.. and the ones that have battery problems are either the people doing several deep discharge cycles per day, or the 'problematic sleep users'.

just use your laptop, if using it on the charger would kill the battery, this would be a HUGE liability for HP's warrancy center, which they DO NOT want to deal with. 

also, you bought an absolute base tier HP laptop, the idea you can kill the battery before the "exceptionally plastic" chassis will have problems, is minimal.