iGPU dying, what would you do?

I've never relied on an iGPU before, so I'm not sure what to recommend to my mother-in-law. She has an old AM2 nForce motherboard (for the curious, this one) that is showing symptoms of the iGPU dying. Now, obvisouly I could just have her buy a cheap graphics card (it does support PCI-E). But my worry would be... is that just slightly delaying the inevitable? If the iGPU is dying, does that foreshadow the whole mobo dying? I doubt it would even be worth trying to swap mobos for such an old chipset. I mean, you can get an entire new system for less than $300 these days and it's not like you need much power to check your email.

So, what would you recommend she do?

Cheap graphics card or cheap new computer?

cheap new computer and a vikings funeral are required in this case

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Just get a cheap gt620 orwhatever you got for 30$ and disable the IGP in the bios.

you should make a new computer with the new am1 platform, because it sounds perfect for her. and make a build log out of it.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount