Issues installing Linux (Ubuntu) as a dual boot on my windows 11 laptop

I've been having this issue with booting from my usb. I have tried writing the file onto my flashdrive with multiple different softwares to make sure that wasn't the issue. I've formatted the drive through diskpart and made sure the drive was clean but for some reason I just can't get my laptop to actually boot into Ubuntu off the flashdrive. When I get into my UEFI settings I set it to primarily boot from the usb and then I force boot into it and each time my screen goes black and pretends like it's booting and then brings me right back into the UEFI menu. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm fairly new to all this.

18 minutes ago, Gerald of Rivertown said:

I've been having this issue with booting from my usb. I have tried writing the file onto my flashdrive with multiple different softwares to make sure that wasn't the issue. I've formatted the drive through diskpart and made sure the drive was clean but for some reason I just can't get my laptop to actually boot into Ubuntu off the flashdrive. When I get into my UEFI settings I set it to primarily boot from the usb and then I force boot into it and each time my screen goes black and pretends like it's booting and then brings me right back into the UEFI menu. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm fairly new to all this.

You need to be specific about "several different softwares".  How you write the image can make all the difference.

Its also possible in some scenarios that a particular USB stick has issues, do you have another you can try?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

How did you create the bootable USB? Rufus, Unetbootin?  Do you get to a boot menu at all?

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

You need to be specific about "several different softwares".  How you write the image can make all the difference.

Its also possible in some scenarios that a particular USB stick has issues, do you have another you can try?

I started with usbimager and the most recent was balena however I have not tried Rufus yet. I understand it has a greater deal of customization options. I do have another usb I can try. While I can't think of a reason this would be the case, I have wondered if the fact that my usb is usb c as my laptop only has thunderbolt ports. So my usb is usb 3.0 and usb c. I wonder if that may not help the situation. I also have seen that maybe the storage capacity was an issue as its 128gigs but I'm not sure why that would be the case.

7 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

How did you create the bootable USB? Rufus, Unetbootin?  Do you get to a boot menu at all?

I have used both usbimager and balena. I am able to get to my laptops UEFI and set preferences for the boot but never any further