I've completed my first ever build, and I've migrated my game SSD to it, but I can't get XBOX game pass to recognise my installed games

No issues with steam, but xbox, specifically Doom Eternal won't come up as installed, even though it is.

What was the SSD installed in previously? And full specs would go a long way in narrowing things down.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Xbox games have weird encrypted installs in nonsensical locked folders, think you have to reinstall them

Edit : I mean "Xbox Game Pass" games for PC, not games on XBox itself 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

16 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

What was the SSD installed in previously? And full specs would go a long way in narrowing things down.

The SSD is a SATA Crucial BX500 1TB model - this is not my boot drive (I have a smaller Corsair SATA SSD for that)

It was installed in my old PC (FX-6300 + 1070)

My new PC components are: i3 12100f + GTX 1070 + DDR4 3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, RM750x PSU

10 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Xbox games have weird encrypted installs in nonsensical locked folders, think you have to reinstall them

I think OP is referring to Xbox Game Pass, not that the games and drive were previously on Xbox. But I can see this being a thing to keep people from installing their games on other people's machines so they can get them for free.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

42 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I think OP is referring to Xbox Game Pass, not that the games and drive were previously on Xbox. But I can see this being a thing to keep people from installing their games on other people's machines so they can get them for free.

I was also referring to Xbox game pass games on PC 😁

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones