Need help fixing cursor disappearing

yalu

I was just done gaming and my cursor froze on my PC. I restarted my PC and now the cursor is completely gone. I’ve tried different mouses, wired and wireless and no luck. Help would very much be appreciated!!

36 minutes ago, yalu said:

I was just done gaming and my cursor froze on my PC. I restarted my PC and now the cursor is completely gone. I’ve tried different mouses, wired and wireless and no luck. Help would very much be appreciated!!

Completely gone cursor is often a thing when the display size is missed ant it’s hanging about off the edge of the display or if the computer thinks you have multiple monitors and it’s on the other one.  May come back scooting across the screen if you wiggle your mouse around enough.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Completely gone cursor is often a thing when the display size is missed ant it’s hanging about off the edge of the display or if the computer thinks you have multiple monitors and it’s on the other one.  May come back scooting across the screen if you wiggle your mouse around enough.

I have two monitors, just tried moving the mouse around a bunch and no luck :[

4 minutes ago, yalu said:

I have two monitors, just tried moving the mouse around a bunch and no luck :[

Check both monitors? Is one bigger than the other as far as the computer is concerned?(one box smaller than the other in the multi monitor setup) if so your desktop is L shaped and the cursor may have gotten stuck in a corner.  Also the computer considers the resolution exclusively so the monitor setup shape can make a better map of where the computer may put your mouse than what your eyes see in this instance.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

34 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Check both monitors? Is one bigger than the other as far as the computer is concerned?(one box smaller than the other in the multi monitor setup) if so your desktop is L shaped and the cursor may have gotten stuck in a corner.  Also the computer considers the resolution exclusively so the monitor setup shape can make a better map of where the computer may put your mouse than what your eyes see in this instance.

Both monitors are the same size, just reset the pc and no luck on that either.

1 hour ago, yalu said:

Both monitors are the same size, just reset the pc and no luck on that either.

But do they look the same in the thing?

Could be outside possible the mouse burie the cursor in the edge or a corner and then died.  Seems unlikely.  Maybe plug it in to a different port if possible then repeat everything.