Radiator Fan Problem: Should I replace the fans? or the whole liquid cooling kit intsead?

Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,

Depending on what you're OK with you could just replace the one fan. I'd check and make sure it's not a case of a cable stopping it from spinning first though.

Assuming temps are fine I don't see a reason to toss a perfectly good AIO. If you want all matching fans it's at your discretion to replace the the others. At that point though you might as well use this as an opportunity to dust the radiator out.

Hi there!
I recently noticed that one of my radiator fans were not spinning, so I restarted my computer to see if that would fix the problem. To my surprise, it did. But then again, I noticed that the fan started to make a weird clicking noise. My question is; should I replaces the radiator fans? or the whole liquid cooling kit instead?

Liquid Cooling Kit:
1st Player Mothra MT240 Liquid Cooler

PC Specs:
Mobo: MSI B550m Mortar

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
GPU: Sapphire RX6600
PSU: MSI MAG A650BN

Depending on what you're OK with you could just replace the one fan. I'd check and make sure it's not a case of a cable stopping it from spinning first though.

Assuming temps are fine I don't see a reason to toss a perfectly good AIO. If you want all matching fans it's at your discretion to replace the the others. At that point though you might as well use this as an opportunity to dust the radiator out.

1 hour ago, LTTFan16538228 said:

How old is the cooler? This does sound like it’s a problem with the fans.

It's only been 3 months old.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

The cooler is relatively new and my temps are perfectly fine, I recently cleaned both the fans and the radiator. With that, I think I'll just replace the fans instead, thank you so much!

4 minutes ago, Isaganiii said:

The cooler is relatively new and my temps are perfectly fine, I recently cleaned both the fans and the radiator. With that, I think I'll just replace the fans instead, thank you so much!

YW. With that in mind opt for fans designed for Static Pressure. You'll get more performance from them with a radiator. If you're worried about noise either check their dBa rating or pickup fans than have PWM control and plug them into a CPU header.

2 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

YW. With that in mind opt for fans designed for Static Pressure. You'll get more performance from them with a radiator. If you're worried about noise either check their dBa rating or pickup fans than have PWM control and plug them into a CPU header.

I'm currently looking at Lian Li ST120's would that be good?

2 hours ago, Isaganiii said:

I'm currently looking at Lian Li ST120's would that be good?

You can give them a shot if you want RGB. I don't venture outside a couple of brands when I buy fans. Never heard anything bad about Lian LI fan but I don't hear good things either so...bit of a gamble unless someone else feels like sharing their two cents.