Google Updates Android Ad Policy - Bans Ads Before Levels in Games, and More!

LAwLz

If only they extended that to their other products, ads before search results or in the middle of videos. This is a babystep in the right direction but I think they can do significantly better when it comes to cracking down on unrelenting annoyances.

Personally, I outright stopped playing mobile games or moved to ad removed modded copies so I can play uninterrupted by jingles and misleading game screenshots.

If ads were for real products or games, sure pop one up when I open a game or every few levels but after every 30secs? Nope, don't need to support that studio's profit.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

16 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

Personally, I outright stopped playing mobile games or moved to ad removed modded copies so I can play uninterrupted by jingles and misleading game screenshots.

My policy with mobile games is just play Apple Arcade or games were they buy them out right on download (I have rollercoaster tycoon on my iPad no add no in-app-purchases)... 

I am also looking at making a game myself and will be targeting this model even though I know the upper limit on what I can make is less if feel that by being upfront and asking for money and never asking for any more money or using adds will mean I can fill that niche of users like myself who as soon as they see an add inside a game (or an in app purchase) no longer feel like they are having fun.

Nice, but I already have system wide adblockers anyway.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition