[Kotaku] The rumors were true - E.T. found in New Mexico landfill

TopWargamer

You gotta remember that this was near the era of the Video Game Industry crash in the 80's. Once they realized how crap the game reception was and how badly it was selling, there really wasn't anything they could do. It was costing them money just to store the damn things, more than they could make selling them (Partly because they COULDN'T sell them). They could have done any number of things: incinerate them, chuck them into dumpsters, etc, but because of the volume of cartridges they had to deal with, going to a landfill and simply burying them was the most cost effective solution.

I bet they couldn't even have given all of them away for free because the critical reception was THAT BAD.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm starting to wonder if this is some huge marketing stunt by the AVGN movie.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

"The dig itself is part of an upcoming documentary that will be released exclusively on Xbox One by the newly formed Xbox Entertainment Studios. Directing the film is Avengers and X-Men 2 writer, Zak Penn"

"exclusively on Xbox One" I can't even. A documentary?

| i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz | GSkill Trident Z 32GB RAM | EVGA 1080Ti Black | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB |
| Fractal Design Meshify C | Noctua NH-D14S | 2x Samsung C27JG50Q 1440p 144Hz |