Screensaver problem, ie. it won't start at time out.

QuantumLeaper

Shortly before I upgraded to Win11 from Win10.  My screensaver stopped turning at the timeout setting.  I was hoping someone could give me a suggestion on what the problem could be.

Here is have I do know...

When I search Screensaver setting from the taskbar search,   It comes up with the setting,  but the list of screensavers installed is like 5 or so.  When I do it from the Personalization/Lock Screen.  I have around 10 screensavers installed (which is the correct number).

When I try to change the screensaver,  it doesn't seem to change or to goes back to NONE.  It seem to have two different Screensaver setting that are Fighting each other.  

The strange thing the screensavers to work if I 'preview' the setting,  so the screensaver do work but windows doesn't want to turn them on. 

Does anyone of a suggestion. on how to fix the problem.

Are you talking actual screen savers or themes?  When I click on the screensaver from the lock screen it takes me to the standard windows screen saver window.

Welcome to the forums!

Try running a system scan and fix from an admin CMD shell with 
sfc /scannow

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

3 hours ago, mmk said:

Are you talking actual screen savers or themes?  When I click on the screensaver from the lock screen it takes me to the standard windows screen saver window.

I know the difference between a Screensaver and a theme,  You know at the top of the window,  it says Screen Saver Settings.  Like I said I used screensaver from the taskbar,  I doubt it would show themes,

3 hours ago, OddOod said:

Welcome to the forums!

Try running a system scan and fix from an admin CMD shell with 
sfc /scannow

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

I have done that in the past and it didn't fix the problem, at least under Win10,  though it did fix other problems I had on Windows 10.   So I doubt it would fix the problem under Windows 11. But I can try it again,  and fail...

Maybe something borked in the upgrade. Possibly time to nuke it and start with a fresh OS

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2022 at 12:33 PM, OddOod said:

Maybe something borked in the upgrade. Possibly time to nuke it and start with a fresh OS

It wasn't a borked upgrade since the problem was happening BEFORE the OS upgrade.

34 minutes ago, QuantumLeaper said:

It wasn't a borked upgrade since the problem was happening BEFORE the OS upgrade.

Sorry, lemme amend
Maybe something borked in the OS, probably time to nuke it and start fresh