Help me avoid the zephyrus g15 and pick another laptop

I've been looking for a gaming laptop that i could use for both programming and gaming while i'm away from my big boy desktop pc. According to my spec requirements i picked the Zephyrus G15 2022 but after 3 returned laptops i kind of want to give up on them because the keyboard had the same issue 3 laptops in a row, i'm either super unlucky or it was a problem on my end, but there were no problems with any external keyboards.

I just can't seem to find a good alternative because the G15 ticks all my checkboxes but the keyboard just gives me so many problems. (kept having input lag on all 3 units even with a fresh windows install with absolutely nothing else but the drivers on top of the already shoddy keyboard that likes to not register me holding the keys sometimes unless i release other keys despite the n key rollover that asus advertises, makes for a very frustrating experience while playing games)

must haves

1. Battery life of 7-10 hours on weak loads like browsing, vs code. (gaming always from a wall plug unless it's mini motorways)
  2. 15.6 inch screen either full HD or 1440p preferably with a higher refresh rate
  3. whatever a reasonable laptop processor is these days, the ryzen 6800HS did everything i needed
  4. rtx 3060 seemed to get the job done on everything i needed on the g15 so at least a 3060
  5. 3.5 mm jack
  6. up to 2kg

not mandatory

1. 32gb of ram, will take an upgradeable 16gb if i must. Cities skylines with a mountain of mods really likes to eat my ram
  2. windows hello webcam/IR is such a godsend to me so i'll pick any laptop with that over any laptop without it
  3. at least one usb port on the left
  4. hdmi port
  5. i will reinstall it to win10 if it's not already win10

looking at a budget of up to 2000eur, will go up if it's too low for these requirements, because the zephyrus g15 was 1700 eur.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

26 minutes ago, MeatFox said:

I've been looking for a gaming laptop that i could use for both programming and gaming while i'm away from my big boy desktop pc. According to my spec requirements i picked the Zephyrus G15 2022 but after 3 returned laptops i kind of want to give up on them because the keyboard had the same issue 3 laptops in a row, i'm either super unlucky or it was a problem on my end, but there were no problems with any external keyboards.

I just can't seem to find a good alternative because the G15 ticks all my checkboxes but the keyboard just gives me so many problems. (kept having input lag on all 3 units even with a fresh windows install with absolutely nothing else but the drivers on top of the already shoddy keyboard that likes to not register me holding the keys sometimes unless i release other keys despite the n key rollover that asus advertises, makes for a very frustrating experience while playing games)

must haves

1. Battery life of 7-10 hours on weak loads like browsing, vs code. (gaming always from a wall plug unless it's mini motorways)
  2. 15.6 inch screen either full HD or 1440p preferably with a higher refresh rate
  3. whatever a reasonable laptop processor is these days, the ryzen 6800HS did everything i needed
  4. rtx 3060 seemed to get the job done on everything i needed on the g15 so at least a 3060
  5. 3.5 mm jack
  6. up to 2kg

not mandatory

1. 32gb of ram, will take an upgradeable 16gb if i must. Cities skylines with a mountain of mods really likes to eat my ram
  2. windows hello webcam/IR is such a godsend to me so i'll pick any laptop with that over any laptop without it
  3. at least one usb port on the left
  4. hdmi port
  5. i will reinstall it to win10 if it's not already win10

looking at a budget of up to 2000eur, will go up if it's too low for these requirements, because the zephyrus g15 was 1700 eur.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I own a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro and I think it's everything you need. Mine even has a 165Hz 500 nits brightness screen with 2560x1600 resolution. It's a 16 inch screen in a 15.6 inch form factor. Not sure about the weight though. You should definitely check out the Lenovo Legion laptops.

1 hour ago, Naijin said:

I own a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro and I think it's everything you need. Mine even has a 165Hz 500 nits brightness screen with 2560x1600 resolution. It's a 16 inch screen in a 15.6 inch form factor. Not sure about the weight though. You should definitely check out the Lenovo Legion laptops.

that seems like a very interesting choice, thank you!

how is the battery life like?

1 hour ago, MeatFox said:

that seems like a very interesting choice, thank you!

how is the battery life like?

I disabled optimus in BIOS, so integrated graphics is completely off. Jarrod's tech reviewed it with an RTX 3070 and got up to 580 minutes of battery life. 

I'll be getting a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro myself, later today. It's powered by an AMD R7 5800H (8C/16T) + 2x 8GB RAM + RTX 3070, and I'll prolly upgrade it with a 2TB M.2 SSD for storing games, usage scenario is basically gaming while I'm overseas. Even bought a pair of Creative Pebble V2 for better sound....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2