help with Graphics choice

I wouldn't say i know everything but I know a little bit when it comes to pc and building one, currently im not sure what to do, i have a nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 super and i want to upgrade with a price range for a gpu from 500 to 600 im currently looking at the ZOTAC Gaming Geforce RTX 3060 Ti twin edge im not sure if this is a good choice or is there a better option or should i consider an focusing on something else first?

Get a 6600xt for a better price, and it's 20%faster

Currently 3060 has no place as it's too expensive for its rasterization performance, and is too low tier for RT and video editing...

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

11 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Currently 3060

OP is referring to 3060Ti though, and honestly unless you can get a rebated 6700XT, a 3060Ti is going to be a better upgrade path. But either way OP should also add a good 550-650W PSU upgrade to the cart to handle transient load, if he havent done so already.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU:  Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2: Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

Welcome to the forums!

The only reason to use an NV GPU at the price point right now is for the features. I love the NVENC encoder and the bare metal performance on remote desktop with Moonlight. Additionally the NV Broadcast suite is pretty slick. 

But if all you want is pure GPU performance, AMD is the way to go

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

3 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Welcome to the forums!

The only reason to use an NV GPU at the price point right now is for the features. I love the NVENC encoder and the bare metal performance on remote desktop with Moonlight. Additionally the NV Broadcast suite is pretty slick. 

But if all you want is pure GPU performance, AMD is the way to go

Another cool reason to go with Nvidia is so you can play around with Photogrammetry. Prusa has an article about it that I really enjoyed.

Photogrammetry 2 - 3D Scanning simpler, better than ever! - Original Prusa 3D Printers

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU:  Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2: Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

47 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

OP is referring to 3060Ti though, and honestly unless you can get a rebated 6700XT, a 3060Ti is going to be a better upgrade path. But either way OP should also add a good 550-650W PSU upgrade to the cart to handle transient load, if he havent done so already.

Yeah, better upgrade path when the card is literally one of the worst designs as far as 3060 Ti's as concerned... good luck selling it when next gen comes out properly. :old-eyeroll:

My Dual hits the *increased* temp limit when I forget to toy with the fan speeds for gaming over Afterburner, and that's a better design. I can ensure you temps will be a problem with the Edge when the outside is at least 30 degrees, ultimately reducing your boost clocks. It's not even all that great of a card to begin with. If you want to sell the card later down the road, the Zotac will have very little interest. Stronger and better built cards will be looked at by enthusiasts when they can't get next gen due to new cards being OOS at release.

Also, stuff like Canvas are things the OP will never use. Buy an AMD card.

5 hours ago, Motifator said:

Yeah, better upgrade path when the card is literally one of the worst designs as far as 3060 Ti's as concerned... good luck selling it when next gen comes out properly. :old-eyeroll:

Youre portraying that as if GPU dont depreciate fast as hell.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

6 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Faster and better designs do not depreciate as bad. If you have say a 2060, that holds little resale value. But something like a 2080S is more likely to be sold than it. Applying the same logic to new gen cards, there will be people looking for a gen older cards when they can't find affordable next gen GPUs on the market. This makes a card like a 6800 be sought after, and not that little Edge 3060 Ti with the crap cooling. Ultimately, it's a bad purchase however you look at it.

On 7/27/2022 at 8:06 PM, SorryClaire said:

I sold all my 1080Tis for more than I paid for them after 5 years of mining. GPU market is *weird*

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup