Astro Headsets, worth it?

iBrenty

I'd say no way but others will probably disagree.  Get a nice pair of headphones and a separate mic.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Nope, I had a pair of Astro A30's and they broke on me. Can't say much about the A40's since I've never owned a pair. 

Had a pair of A40's since christmas, I love them to absolute pieces.

But honestly, that is due to comfort, audio wise there nothing special and as far as build quality they are pretty awful.

Mics terrible too

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

as the title says

Depends, If you need a headset to work on multiple devices I would say yes. I you only want them for a PC then No. I have the A40's and I personally love them they sound great, are comfortable and the mic quality is decent. I have had mine for a year now and they have lasted. They still sound good and are working. Definitely going to be purchasing them again. 

Intel i5-4670K, Asus Maximus VII (z97), 16gb Kingston, Asus Gtx 780, Fractal Design Define Mini, 250Gb Samsung Evo, Corsair CS650M

Yey dis meh Pc

1. Why do you want it?
  2. Is it only for gaming?
  3. Is it only for music?
  4. Is it for gaming and music?

I own both A30's and A40's and never really had an issue. (besides a cable I wore out from my own usage and a ground loop from a wired controller that was an issue with a SCUF controller, not really Astro's.)

If using for both gaming and music, it is fine. however if you want higher audio fidelity get a better set of headphones.

For gaming only, Yes. (Say you have a Xbox 360 and a PC)

For music only, I guess you could, it isn't the worst thing you could use, that's for sure. Maybe look into a decent set of cans like Sennheiser or AKG.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

My brother bought the A40's for his Xbox 360. I plugged them up to my PC via optical cable and then USB through the sound card it comes with to test it out.

I hated it. I currently use Audio Techica ATH-M50 headphones going into a Fiio E10 DAC and I test every new audio device compared to that.

The bass wasn't very present, and when you turned on the bass boost EQ on the sound card, it sounded like it turned down the high and mid frequencies instead of boosting. But you can simply turn the volume up to counter that, but when I did the bass just sounded distorted.

I finally got it where it was tolerable to me after some messing around, but I still don't think they're worth the price Astro has set for it. Like, nowhere near it. It's all marketing and no backbone in the product IMO.

EDIT: (for clarification) I'm somewhat of a bass head, but I like every frequency to be present. So what I do is boost the bass on my audio devices just enough to where it doesn't drown out everything else, as if I had a 2.1 speaker setup, but in my headphones (or something close to it).

Nope

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

I own them myself and I like them. For the headset to take full advantage of the 5.1 surround, you'll need a sound card that codes in DDL. When I'm on skype, I need to put my recording volume for my mic down to 40 so it's not too loud, same thing for when i play CSGO. I like them, but i wouldn't recommend them. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

Offtopic, don't get Turtle Beaches...mine broke after a year. The plastic iis cheap