Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GameRock

Yuu_Florence

Hello everyone!

Got a question, got a new PC 4 Months ago and couldn't have been happier having upgraded from a GTX970 - i7-4790 to my current build.

Now i ran into an issue the first time since i got it.

Decided to give Godfall a go since it looks really pretty, played for about 2 hours when all of a sudden a message pops up on my screen GPU Temperature at 85°C which honestly shocked me, so i decided to actually check temps and turned off the game right away, launched another game and temps were just fine.

This happens only with Godfall, can play Cyberpunk2077 easily without having my pc overheat.

Any ideas on what i could do ?

Yours Truly,

Flo

System Specs:

Corsair Carbide 175R
i7-11700F
Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GameRock
32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM

IMG_20220404_225123.jpg

Just disable the message. 85c is still in the limit of fine. If it said 90 or 95c then I would be worried, but 85, meh. On my 3070 I have just raised the "temp limit" to 90c, it is also fine.

Maybe download MSI afterburner and create a custom fan curve, if you want lower temps, and maybe lower the "power limit" to about 90%, by default Nvidia cards are way out of whack efficiency wise. So you will lose about 2-3% performance, but card outputs 10% less heat, worth it imo.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

@Origami Cactus

Oh, i'm not really good at PC stuff, where can i disable and change the message limit ? xD I literally turned the graphics from epic to bad on godfall as i got afraid.

Also will download that once i get home from work, thank you very much 

Just now, Yuu_Florence said:

@Origami Cactus

Oh, i'm not really good at PC stuff, where can i disable and change the message limit ? xD I literally turned the graphics from epic to bad on godfall as i got afraid.

Also will download that once i get home from work, thank you very much 

MSI afterburner is usually my go to, but there are other utilities like EVGA Percision that work as well. 

85 is high, but it's not dangerously high. I'd probably look into it a bit more, see if it's actually getting up that high and it's not thermal throttling too hard, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

4 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

MSI afterburner is usually my go to, but there are other utilities like EVGA Percision that work as well. 

85 is high, but it's not dangerously high. I'd probably look into it a bit more, see if it's actually getting up that high and it's not thermal throttling too hard, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

Yup, will try downloading that in 10 hours when i'm back home.

The game i was playing at the time (Godfall) was still running perfectly fine, no stutters or anything and stable fps (i assume).

It's more that i can play anything else like cyberpunk 2077 or AC valhalla maxed out without even going over 75°C.

I thought 85°C was actually hot.

1 minute ago, Yuu_Florence said:

I thought 85°C was actually hot.

It's as hot as I'd expect a Nvidia GPU to get. GPU boost has a temp limit of 84C, and it will adjust voltage and clock speed to make sure it doesn't get above that (plus or minus 1-2C), Godfall is likely just a super hard game to run, and so its running closer to that temp limit than it is in other stuff. 

6 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It's as hot as I'd expect a Nvidia GPU to get. GPU boost has a temp limit of 84C, and it will adjust voltage and clock speed to make sure it doesn't get above that (plus or minus 1-2C), Godfall is likely just a super hard game to run, and so its running closer to that temp limit than it is in other stuff. 

Yeah i guess it's a poorly ported PS5 game from what i've read.

Will download MSI afterburner tonight and check a bit and change the limit to 90°C.

you may also either need to edit the settings or disable what ever program is giving you that warning since at least last i checked thats not a default windows feature or from nvidia drivers that ive seen

21 minutes ago, Yuu_Florence said:

Yeah i guess it's a poorly ported PS5 game from what i've read.

Will download MSI afterburner tonight and check a bit and change the limit to 90°C.

If you are not too good with PCs, I would leave it at 85c, because that is the default, and it can still go over it, but the card then progressively slows itself down. You probably won't notice it, but it is better to be safe

But you have some Palit software installed that gives you the temp warning, uninstall that.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

12 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

If you are not too good with PCs, I would leave it at 85c, because that is the default, and it can still go over it, but the card then progressively slows itself down. You probably won't notice it, but it is better to be safe

But you have some Palit software installed that gives you the temp warning, uninstall that.

@Origami Cactus

The only program i installed after i got the pc was Thunder Master for the 3070ti which wasnt installed by default (to change the rgb). Dunno if i can turn it off there.

27 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

you may also either need to edit the settings or disable what ever program is giving you that warning since at least last i checked thats not a default windows feature or from nvidia drivers that ive seen

I didn't really pay attention from what it came, will check if it happens again!

• 1 year later...

Sorry, I’m pretty late to this post but I had a question regarding the Gamerock 3070 Ti. I’ve been using it and as I have an all white build, I tried setting its RGB to white through the Thunder Master software but it’s like more of a greenish shade and not white. I wanted to ask you how you set your card to the pure white colour?

42 minutes ago, CapSwizzle said:

Sorry, I’m pretty late to this post but I had a question regarding the Gamerock 3070 Ti. I’ve been using it and as I have an all white build, I tried setting its RGB to white through the Thunder Master software but it’s like more of a greenish shade and not white. I wanted to ask you how you set your card to the pure white colour?

Sometimes the RGB in the card has issues displaying certain colours.

White is probably one that doesn't work , If I set my Fractal fans to white I get a yellowish colour.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset