Help choosing a 4K HDR Monitor

I'm on the lookout for a good monitor for both gaming and working. But gaming can be prioritized聽馃槈
Budget is not a concern.
Must have 4K and HDR.
And because I already have a monitor that Ill use alongside the new one, though not nearly as good (ACER KA271), I want to keep the size around the same 27''~28''.
Ideally I will mount them both on a dual stand.
I have a NVIDIA 3070TI, so I think I can use both G-Sync or Free Sync.聽
I don't really care about FPS, 60 is enough for me. But if it can do more I won't complain.
I also don't care if it is curved or not.

Any suggestions or tips on things that I should keep in mind?

System:
Intel i5-12600k | MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 2x16GB | Asus RTX 3070 Ti

Wouldn't bother with 4k down 27", as you'll be using inane amounts of scaling to read text properly. Go QHD, ditch HDR as well. Most monitors of that caliber aren't properly HDR ready. Might be worth looking at TVs for HDR content, and simply buying a 27" 144 / 165 for gaming purposes.

none 馃槢 oh wait, only 60 fps/hz is fine?

mostly in the 27-32 range also where 4K needs to be on a bit bigger size for its resolution or just a TV size.

HDR is still a mess, also quite expensive if you really wants or what you want from your HDR experience.

Do you want deep blacks of OLED, closer but not OLED from an VA panel or mini-LED VA/IPS? or viewing angles to more correct colors from IPS?

Do you mind some annoying white light from dimming zones in panels that are NOT OLED? (could be less seen in movies or some games).

While QD OLED is even more expensive or similar to some mini-LED, that uses OLED like panels but weaker in some areas compared to the brightness of mini-LED for some highlights for HDR (some being fires, lights etc). It would give better viewing angles than regular OLED and even better colors. Although do note the issues that this new tech can have and price, also that any OLED can have issues with lack of brightness that makes it harder to deal with light exposure that gives reflections.

Curved you often have samsung with VA panels, but samsung can be a pain to deal with and their "quality control".

LG has a lot of fun stuff too, but often missing one or the other features.

To most 60hz HDR displays might be more business focused ART/content creation displays.

Edited by Quackers101

The new Samsung Neo G7 is seemingly good as per HW聽

Else while it's not 4K but Ultrawide 1440p the best gaming HDR monitor seems to be the Alienware AW3423DW, which had much praise

System : AMD R9 5900X聽/ Gigabyte聽X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18聽/聽ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /聽聽Eisbaer 280mm AIO聽(with 2xArctic P14 fans)/ 2TB Crucial T500聽 NVme +聽2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDDdrives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/聽聽Alienware AW3420DW 34"120Hz聽3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight聽mouse / Audeze Maxwell聽headphones

If HDR is still the mess it is then I won't worry if it ends up not having it.

Deep blacks please! I think I'll be fine with either mini-LED or OLED.

My room doesn't have much light and no sunlight will ever shine on the panel so reflections are not a problem.

What I'm after is good image quality, framerate is whatever for what I play.

System:
Intel i5-12600k | MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 2x16GB | Asus RTX 3070 Ti

The AW is $1300, while not horrible for what it is... availability is cheeks. People are still waiting for theirs after months, C2 42" might be worth a look as you can use it the TV way and the monitor way. It costs a grand and is also a great OLED TV.

I see that I still need to do some more investigation before I fully know what I want...

But thank you for the tips so far!

System: